VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Thread
  1. Ok, now that I have this technique working, can anyone tell me if this will work with 3D movies if I'm doing a 1:1 copy to a BD50, as up to step 4 in the guide?

I want to copy Avatar 3D but I'm not going to spend the money on a BD50 disk if I'm just wasting my time with it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok, well to answer my own question yes, the first step does a perfect 3d 1:1 copy onto a 50gig disk!
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK, everything went fine up to the point I had to drag and drop the index.bdmv file to the patcher. I get an error stating "This file is not correct format". I'm using all the latest versions of the essential files. Should I try downloading the same files originally used or could I have done something else wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK. My bad. I finally took my own advice and read ALL the posts and found another reference to my problem. I'll start trying some of the workarounds.

Thanks for this thread. It's great.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks alot for the guide first off. I was wondering if there was any way to make BD Rebuilder utilize more of my processor in order to complete the encoding more quickly. I have it set to high priority currently but it is only utilizing 40-50% of my processor.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wanted to send out some PROPS to milOtis for a perfect guide that amazingly does what it does, such as converting a 40GB Blu-ray disc down to a "movie only" (that's all we really want) in full 1080p on a 4.7GB DVD. And to think I almost spent a hundred bucks on a handful of DL BD-R's. I followed your instructs to the letter and my first rip, shrink, and burn (down to DVD size) worked perfectly. I was a little concerned when I went to burn my shrunk (BD Rebuilder) Blu-ray files, because there appeared to be a few missing sub-folders inside the BDMV folder AND I was missing the Certificate folder all together. But a bit of research and reading online suggested that Samsung stand-alone Blu-Ray players don't need or like the Certificate folder. So, I said, "Hey, I've got a Samsung stand-alone, so let's just burn what we got."

Burned it with imgburn and popped it in the ol' Samsung Blu-Ray Player and... the video came up and the screen announced in the corner, "1080p." SWEET! I can see where maybe cutting back on the shrinkage to a DVD-9 or Blu-ray SL (25GB) might allow me to save the full Dolby DTS 5.1 Surround Sound, rather than just the stereo but HEY... I backed up my LOTR_FOTR Blu-ray just fine, so now onto my LOTR_TTT.

The ONLY issue I had, which that's if you could really call it an issue, was the time needed for BD Rebuilder to process the .ISO image. I think it was nearly 15 hours on a HP 2.5Ghz Dual Core 64 bit PC running Win 7 Pro. I was still able to use the PC while it ran in the background AND I've only got like four other PC's in the house that I could use, if there was an issue or I needed to do so. Got a Dell tower on each HD Flat Panel (55", 47", and 42") cause I've got a free life-time subscription to Netflix (part of my severance from them) along with other streaming sources, plus the fourth tower is a dedicated Home Recording Studio tower, which I could use for pretty much anything, should I choose.

Any suggestions on what might be slowing down my BD Rebuilder process? Of course my first disc being the 3 hour version of LOTR probably doesn't ease any time constraints.

Thanks again milOtis... I figured it out easily and I'm just a....
    SillyLittleBoy
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just wanted it to be clear to Makka, the OP and others that it currently is IMPOSSIBLE to go from full sized (50gb) 3DBD to anything less, without major re-encoding & re-authoring. Using this or any other guide.
    Several more pieces of the app chain would have to be in place before that could happen.
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. hey thatnks for the guide but I am confused.on your 1:1 guide says burn straight to bd 50 but not on bd 25,so I am assuming I
    should drop to step 5 and follow the dvd-r guide but check the bd 25 boxes instead or the dvd-5?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes, you just select BD-25 instead. It has to compress the image down some to make it fit on a BD-25 so that's why you use BD-Rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I am so livid right now all I can do is ask someone help.

To the point, I followed the instructions to a T! All I could do is create an iso with anydvd. THAT"S it. Rebuilder would not recognize the file. Windows would recognize a file. I'm not stupid.

Fast forward, I CANNOT delete the iso. NOTHING works. No program will delete it. Tried eset, malwarebytes, unlocker.....more. safe mode...nothing. unistalled the damn anydvd and image program. too frustrated
    Quote Quote  
  11. OTLPE saves the day!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    I have found a good program for making bluray backups:

http://aulix.com/backup2dvd

Features

Compresses and archives your directory by rar into multiple volumes with a file level redundancy.
    Then creates ISO files contaning rar volumes.
    Processes them by dvdisaster utility to add more high redundancy at the level of the whole medium.
    Burns ISO images to multiple mediums.
    Verifies writing results.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Um…where da guide??
    Quote Quote