VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What size of tv are you watching?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm watching a 37" sanyo lcd tv i bought 3 years ago.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Currently have a 40" Samsung LED TV that I've had just over a year. I love it. Would have gone bigger but space constraints prevented it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    50" pioneer plasma. Bought it 2007. Just before everyone released full hd 1080p TVs...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a 32-inch LG LCD for my main TV. I also have old CRT TVs in other rooms (a 20-inch and a 13-inch).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    32" Vizio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    51"samsung plasma 3d - had to finally replace the 40" sony xbr tube tv.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. A 47" Philips LCD (3 years old) in the living room, and a 42" Vizio plasma (4 years old) in the library.

As soon as I can finish remodeling the den for a decent home theater setup, I'll get an LG 65" Cinema 3D set for it. I look at the prices for that set on Amazon every day, and they go up and down like penny stocks, sometimes twice a day.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. A 46" Samsung LCD. And a 22" Vizio LCD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    50" Samsung Plasma, bought about 2 years ago. For the low low price of $1499.00 with an NFLShop $200.00 gift card.
    I need a TV in the bedroom.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  10. I watch a 13" Zenith color TV picked up on a curb about 25 years ago. Convergance is slightly off at the bottom of the screen. I see that thrift shops have better TVs for 2 or 3 dollars, but the poor quality of programming doesn't merit spending the 3 dollars.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    40" Sony LCD that's about 5 years old Not all that interested in 3D, but do enjoy watching 1080P/24 Blu-ray on it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't own a TV, but I do have a OTA and a cable TV tuner for my HTPC and I can direct that to my 24" LED monitor or my video projection screen. But I very rarely use either.
    Quote Quote  
  13. 40" Insignia LED in the living room for watching blurays and upscaled DVDs and 32" CRT in the bedroom with cable for general TV viewing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    52" inch plasma @ 720/1080i which was purchased prior to 1080P TVs became prevalent. Purchased a 1080P projector last year and connected it to my media PC which has an OTA card so now i spend quite a bit of time watching it as well..
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  15. 37" Olevia 1080i that I bought in 2007. I still Love it! It works well for our living room, but wouldn't mind upgrading to a 42" at some point.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    32" Westinghouse 720p - bought three years ago and working perfectly. I went to BestBuy recently and compared 720p and 1080i sets of the same size (32" or so); didn't see enough of a difference to make upgrading worthwhile. As some of the networks broadcast their sports in 720p (and I can see individual hairs on the head of our favorite local anchorwoman), I just don't see the worth of a 1080i set unless I move way up in size. Others will disagree and that's okay.
    Quote Quote  
  17. 34" Panasonic CRT, widescreen, 1080i - bought at a "final clearance" sale in 2005. It weighs 170 pounds.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sony XBR 57" rear-projection HDTV without a tuner and HDMI bought in Jan 2001. Price including the Toshiba tuner, Sony progressive scan DVD player and extended warranty which I never used. . . let's just say the wife really enjoyed it maybe 12 hours a day! Worth every penny of it, so they say.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Panasonic 50" Plasma
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bought a 46" Sharp about 5 years ago and wish I had got one larger but prices were pretty high for anything over 42-46" back then. It's been relegated to my son's room but he's off to college so it doesn't get much use these days. We've had a 60" Sharp in the living room for most of our TV watching for the last year or so. Make's a hell of a display for the Wii too!
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apple will probably have 37" and 42" iMacs later this Spring with embedded AppleTV circuitry. (No, this is not an invitation to a debate about Apple products; it's just my educated guess based upon what components Apple seems to be ordering from their suppliers plus the rumor mill minus some really laughable posts by the industry pundits.)
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    As of december my house is CRT free!!!

In september I bought a Westinghouse 46" LED 1080p 120Hz for my living room, i wanted to get a 50" or bigger but i hated the idea of getting rid of my huge entertainment center i bought about 5 years ago for $600.00, nothing larger would fit in it , i used to have my 54" rear projection sitting on the floor in it.
    It's 2 pillars with cabinets and a large shelf running from side to side with light's above it.
    So i had to also buy a stand for the new LED to sit in it

But i may end up getting rid of it this summer because i just keep eyeing and over those 60" LED's!!!

Then i bought a Westinghouse 26" LED 1080p 60Hz to replace my 27" CRT in my bedroom.

And on black friday my daughter picked me up 2 LG BD610 Bluray players, 1 for my bedroom and 1 for the living room, and a Emerson 32" LCD 720p 60Hz at Walmart, the Emerson was only $188.00.
    I gave her the $$$ for them because her and her BF and a couple of other people went to walmart at 4pm thursday afternoon to wait all night for a bunch of stuff and be first in line because i guess they started different sales at different times.
    And i had to work friday morning, hey, that's what kids are for!!
    LOL!!

I figured ya can't beat a 32" for $188.00!!!
    Even though it's not an LED and it's an Emerson!!
    LOL!!

I have that one down here in my work room (with my PC's) sitting on my workbench and use it for a TV, a spare monitor for when working on PC's & a secondary extended monitor for watching vids on when i am doing stuff on my pc using my Samsung 27" LCD monitor.

Then in December i bought my daughter a 27" LED tv and gave her a 17" LCD monitor for her PC.

I still have a 27" CRT sitting in my dining room waiting to either sell it for $25.00 or drop it off at goodwill when i am sick of seeing it sitting on the floor in the corner.....
    LOL!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Panasonic Plasma 42" in the bedroom ... connected to a Pioneer Elite Receiver ... HTPC arrangement ... sound is very nice with Acoustic Research speakers ... PL 100s ... web page link >>> http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Acoustic-Research-PL100-5.1-Home-Theater-System/3...3/product.html ... I am not using the subwoofer that came with it ... too small.

Sony 50" HDTV Projection in the living room ... gets dirty inside and I use the air compressor in the garage with long air hose to blow it out. No Digital Tuner inside ... I use the Panasonic EZ17 for Digital TV reception ... through a Pioneer VSX 1015 ... sound is very nice with Acoustic Research speakers ... Classic 26s

Sony 31.5" LCD for the monitor I use with the main PC I use ... Nvidia 9500 GT ... component video out is my connection through a Pioneer Receiver ... to the Sony LCD HDTV ... games play great and sound great ... sound is very nice with Acoustic Research speakers ... AR 48s
    Last edited by lacywest; 31st Jan 2012 at 07:25.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    60" Pioneer Kuro A600 here
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    42" Panasonic plasma 720p pc connected through hdmi.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    26" LED for a computer monitor, 47" LED in the living room for watching and playing SCRABBLE.
    Quote Quote