VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm new to burning VCD's for the purpose of watching them in my DVD player but definetly not a newbie in terms of problems, I think this question will be easy for someone to help me with so here goes:

What I'm wondering is what matters when you are burning the VCD. Im trying to fit a season's worth of episodes onto as few cd's as possible while keeping the best quality. All of the episodes are roughly 400mb(pre-encoding), and 50 minutes in length. So when encoded I would expect each episode to go down to about 200-300mb and obviously retain the 50 minute time. Finally, what I am asking is, does this mean that i can fit almost 3 episodes on 1 700mb cd (2??mb x 3) or does it go by time and I will be only able to fit 1 and a bit on a 80min cd.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if your going to follow the exact VCD standards then 80 minutes is max per disc or up to 82 minutes w/ overburn. if you lower your bitrate you can get more than 80 minutes per episode. use a bitrate calculator if you want to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi
    i know ur prob man

U can use mode2 its simple!
    It burns your avi files like vcd/svcd
    Because of that you will get 795mb instead of 700mb
    The only thing u need to read those files directly is mode2filter
    It would'nt slow down ur cpu.

Im not sure exactly where u could get it
    Just search for mode2cdmaker or contact me at zeven_christ@hotmail.com

The only minus with this is that u must have this filter to read it directly.
    That means if u want to watch the movies on ur friends pc he must install the filter
    Quote Quote  
  4. So the answer is, it goes by time ? Like an audio cd, 80 minutes is max.
    Correct? I'm not really interested in fiddling with things too much, I just want to know if it goes by time or by size, and from what these 2 replies say I'm thinking its going by time.

Thank You!
    Quote Quote