VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    hello everyone i have got a question i need to ask right i bought myself a new tv a Philips 50 Inch 50PUS6504 Smart 4K HDR LED TV. and it has 2 tuners in it freesat and freeview they both have been tuned in cos i have a satellite dish at the back of my house. i connect the cable to the back of the tv i have got freesat then i put in the aerial lead for the freeview everything is all working great but when i was going through the freesat channels. i saw some channels that have a padlock like i have sky movies and sky sports aswell as the disney channels and other channels on the freesat. like bbc1 and others that dont have a padlock i am able to click on them and it brings up the channels. but the padlock channels dont come up what they say is a message on the screen it says CHANNEL SCRAMBLED PLEASE CHECK THE CI + MODULE AND THE SMART CARD HAVE BEEN INSERTED CORRECTLY. i was checking online and you can get a smart card that gives you 6 months of pay channels for like £50.00. something like that so i thought is it possible to unscamble the padlock channels like is there a special card that removes the padlock of the channels. some of theses smart cards dont say any months some say 6 months then some dont say anything. so i thought is it possible to remove /hack the padlocks with a special card or maybe a usb stick with special files on it. to remove the padlocks is it possible with maybe a usb stick with files on it to unlock the padlock channels. or is there a special card that has been chipped to give you the pay cannels.

this site has one smart card and it gives you the pay channels but it does not say how many months it lasts for.
    https://lmdsatellite.com/products/skylink-ready-cam-module-smit-ci-for-all-type-skylink-cards
    also i dont know if it would go into my tv so can anyone please help me with this problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are seriously asking ?

Channels such as Sky Sports and Sky Movies are only available with an official Sky Viewing Card and a monthly paid-for subscription. And that would apply for UK, Germany and Italy which all have Sky services. And one can not view German or Italian channels with a UK card for example.

Anything else is illegal and against forum rules to discuss.

The important word here is 'Free'. Anything else costs real money.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should also read your manual to see what it takes to view.

Apart from a viewing card, the tv may just have a CI slot which means it also requires the cam module. All tv channels use different encryption so the cards you refered to only work with a cam module that decodes the specific encryption. And those cards are for foreign channels not UK ones. Are they legal ? Who knows.
    Quote Quote