VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now that Requiem doesn't work, I've looked to other software for help to no avail. I've tried m4vgear and TunesKit both of which claim to LOSSLESSLY remove the iTunes' FairPlay DRM but they don't as I'm sure many of you are aware. M4VGear gave me variable framerates half the time and a weird last duration (not sure if that's exactly what it was called when I checked MediaInfo on both the AVC and audio but it was something to that effect like last frame_duration: -15 [which is probably because of the VFR M4VGear pumped out. TunesKit pumps out almost exactly what I'm looking for BUT it's not lossless (I know the source isn't either but I'm a perfectionist and do not want to transcode an already transcoded file which is what both programs do. I know TunesKit doesn't for a fact because I had a copy with just the DRM removed from Reqiuem and the file sizes do no match. IDK if there's a way to losslessly remove the DRM from iTunes movies/TV shows, etc., at least not for the time being or has not yet been publicly released. This is where my question comes in. Now forget iTunes purchases for a second. I want to focus on Amazon. I was told the way you can find out if it is a true Amazon LOSSLESS rip ist yt to check and see if the audio is E-AC-3 vs just AC-3. I believe NTb and a few other release groups have found a way. I know the MediaInfo looks like it's transcoded and not just losslessly removed since iTunes displays no info on what encoder they use or their settings other than their encoder is probably some "proprietary" BS spinoff of H.264. Sorry for the tangent I just hate Apple sooooo much.

I believe this MediaInfo to be from a genuine copy of a video from Amazon where the DRM has been losslessly remove (and Amazon doesn't hide their encoder or encoding like Ass-Tunes):

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 48mn 25s
    Bit rate : 13.2 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.265
    Stream size : 4.46 GiB (93%)
    Writing library : x264 core 144 r2525 40bb568
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=48 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=crf / mbtree=0 / crf=17.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.30 / pb_ratio=1.20 / aq=3:0.80
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : E-AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : A_EAC3
    Duration : 48mn 25s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 640 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Frame rate : 187.500 fps (256 spf)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 222 MiB (5%)
    Default : Yes

Text
    ID : 3
    Format : UTF-8
    Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
    Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
    Default : No

So what's the trick? A few thinks DO confuse me. Threads are only 16 threads. I would have though it being Amazing, it would be 32. Also, I notice A LOT more people are choosing to use neither mb-tree nor DCT-Decimate. Anyone know Why? I thought these settings were a good thing (mostly).

Anyways, any program that LOSSLESSLY removes DRM from iTunes videos and if not, in 99% certain there's a way to get DRM-free videos with Amazon without any further transcoding involved! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Doubt it can be discussed here but Amazon's videos can no longer be pulled, all are screen captured now due to Amazon fixing the loophole that was there.

iTunes DRM can still be removed but required a bit more effort now.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by TE16 View Post
    Can you explain how please?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NeverLand View Post
    Originally Posted by TE16 View Post
    Can you explain how please?
    I was going to ask the exact same thing. How can I losslessly remove "FairPlay" from my purchased movies/tv shows? I despise iTunes's media player since it seems to drain my CPU and would like to play it on something like MPC-BE with MadVR. This has nothing to do with piracy; I believe this should be encompassed under Fair use but Fair use is so ******* long and complicated in and of itself, I'm sure there's some loophole asspole can use to say that what I'm doing is illegal. Maybe it is; These "I Agree" or "I Understand" check boxes that you HAVE to accept are like 5,000 pages long. Who the **** has the time to read all crap?! It's just like that South Park episode. Before I know it, I'll be part of the HumancentiPad. FML
    Quote Quote  
  5. Tuneskit.

I know, at first glance, it seems like just another lossy play-the-video-and-record-the-screen piece of crap. It's not. I couldn't believe it when I first ran the test. When you extract the raw h264 stream from a video decrypted with requiem and a video decrypted with Tuneskit (to remove any possible metadata), the files are identical.

The one caveat is Tuneskit may or may not be re-encoding the stereo aac audio track—the streams don't match and I can't confirm for sure. If you're paranoid, just throw away the aac stream—the surround ac3 track is definitely decrypted losslessly.

Feel free to run the test yourself on the trial version of Tuneskit with a 720p video, cutting the length of both streams to be under five minutes. Note that Requiem sometimes likes to remove the first frame of a video, so you'll need to do this to the Tuneskit stream as well in order for the two to match. I know there's a lot of FUD about this on the internet (probably astroturfing), and I can only report my own discoveries.
    Quote Quote