VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I finally after months of trying was able to capture with my Saa7134 card/driver (cheapie $20 job) with audio and video in sync, only with mencoder.

Here is what I use:
    Code:
    mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lameopts mode=1:vbr=2:q=4 -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg -tv driver=v4l2:norm=ntsc:channel=3:adevice=/dev/dsp:amode=1:width=640:height=480 -af volume=-20 -o tv.avi tv://

However, it seems that my card flips the fields. The only way that seems to make it look good on the tv is to deinterlace.
    Here is what I use to convert it into a DVD format. I edit this then with avidemux, just copying. Seems to work

Code:
    mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -vf pp=li/ha/va/dr,hqdn3d,scale=720:480,harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=5000:keyint=18:vstrict=0:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:aspect=4/3 -ofps 30000/1001 -o
    Now, the only thing is that video seems to have a "film" look now, which isn't bad, but it isn't what I expected. Having audio in sync was priority one. Non-Jittery video was priority two.

Is it because of using the linear interpolation to deinterlace? Should I use something else? I tried a few ways to flip the fields, but nothing seemed to work, and it seemed like to much trouble for VHS...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Kris
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    While it isn't a linux app you might try restream. It can easily change the field order. Useful in situations like yours. I used to use it a long time ago when an Ati card I had capped bottom field first. I used restream to set the stream to tff. IIRC it only works on elementary video streams so you will have to demux first.

I haven't tried it myself but you might try installing it through wine. It's worth a shot.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote