VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to copy a tv series with DVDFab, but every time I attempt to copy each disc, they only get 51% before it stays at 51% indefinitely. It never tries to copy beyond 51%. It seems to stall out. The writer seems like it is trying, but it does not move ahead of 51%. One of the discs went 24 hours before I canceled the campaign. Each disc is very clean, also.

Is there a way to fix this?

I also updated DVDFab, and that did not help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Could it be possible that your disk has a scratch? Are you able to copy the files separately?
    Quote Quote  
  3. As I stated, the discs are clean.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try using makemkv.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Try using makemkv.
    Ditto
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    As I stated, the discs are clean.
    Look beyond the surface of the disc for any inclusions or missing spots on the reflective surface. I had a disc that had a 1/4' spot I couldn't get past. I got another copy of the disc and it ripped fine.

It's also possible that it's a bad pressing. Post the name of the series and others may have the same issue. There have been reports of one disc out of a series set being consistently bad. Bad pressing.

Contact the distributor of the disc. They may send you a replacement disc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. There might be a problem with the layer break that your drive cannot resolve.
    I suggest trying a different drive and/or different software to see if that can be read.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It is in beta so it is free for now.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I used the MakeMKV, but the audio was not clear for the titles. Some of them had no audio. Is there a way to adjust the audio before I copy a title?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just pick the largest files that have audio(1gb and higher)some of the files are there for the dvd menus.Sometimes there's a few tracks of audio you can choose to keep or uncheck.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The largest file is 7.1 GB, and it had no audio. The other 4 titles are for each episode.https://files.videohelp.com/u/266783/CD996A6E-B68D-4CE0-BE83-7E8F111BE0EE.jpeg
    Quote Quote  
  12. With TV shows that large file you mention tends to be all the episodes together.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Also make sure you click on the cursor beside each title to expand the view in makemkv.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    I am trying to copy a tv series with DVDFab, but every time I attempt to copy each disc, they only get 51% before it stays at 51% indefinitely. It never tries to copy beyond 51%. It seems to stall out. The writer seems like it is trying, but it does not move ahead of 51%. One of the discs went 24 hours before I canceled the campaign. Each disc is very clean, also.

Is there a way to fix this?

I also updated DVDFab, and that did not help.
    start dvdfab - click the gear wheel in the upper right corner of the dvdfab interface,
    click common settings - click dvd - click pathplayer - choose "disable pathplayer"
    restart dvdfab again and retry your discs again.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    The largest file is 7.1 GB, and it had no audio. The other 4 titles are for each episode.https://files.videohelp.com/u/266783/CD996A6E-B68D-4CE0-BE83-7E8F111BE0EE.jpeg
    Looking at the screenshot provided there seem to be read errors that are unrecoverable (17 errors).
    Either the DVD is defective or the drive.
    Since this is around 51% according to the initial post this could be where the layer break is.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Personally, I would look elsewhere. The first post suggests this problem is on several discs so that rules out a media problem. Either the drive reading the discs isn't capable of focusing on the second layer. which I doubt if the problem always occurs at the same 51% of content, or storage in a temporary file or in memory is filling up. Is it possible you are trying to fit a dual layer disc into a single layer file/ISO without compressing it first or you have the target media set to the wrong size?

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
  17. i had success with dvd decrypter on recent dvd's, amazingly
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote