VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I use Video DownloadHelper with Mozilla to download videos from youtube. I had already installed K-lite full codecs. The problem is that mp4 and flv files from youtube I only see the video but no sound. With MediaInfo software I noticed that those mp4 and flv files have no information about the audio codec, only video codec, for instances:

Duration : 4mn 4s
    Overall bit rate : 418 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2013-05-20 01:10:07
    Tagged date : UTC 2013-05-20 01:10:07

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Main@L3.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 4mn 4s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 416 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 360 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.072
    Stream size : 12.1 MiB (99%)
    Encoded date : UTC 2013-05-20 01:10:07
    Tagged date : UTC 2013-05-20 01:10:07

No audio information at all. How can I solve this problem?

Best regards

mjbn5164

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mjbn5164 View Post
    Hello... How can I solve this problem?
    Don't download files with itag values 133-137!
    Read note [4] here ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube#Quality_and_codecs
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

Thanks for trying help me.

So There´s no solution? Incredible.

Best regards

mjbn5164
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Here's the deal. But I don't feel like coddling you, so if you don't like what I say, too bad. But you will go away understanding the situation.

Your original post is not clear, but it seems to suggest that YouTube itself has no audio for these files. bat999 told you that certain ID tags mean that the file has no audio. So if you are trying to download files with no audio and expecting them to have audio, that is your problem. This is not rocket science.

Now if your original post, which is completely unclear, means that YouTube does have audio for these files but what you download doesn't, then you will have to either use a commercial streaming media recorder like Replay Video Capture or look into how those RTMP (I think that's the spelling but I may have transposed some letters) stream dumper programs work. I have Replay Video Capture so I cannot help you with RTMP stuff as I've never used it. I know nothing and truly care nothing about how encoding for You Tube works, so if it is possible to encode so that files played on You Tube have audio but the downloads do not, then I think you will have to use something like Replay Video Capture.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mjbn5164 View Post
    So There´s no solution? Incredible.
    I believe your solution would be to select one of the other files that Video DownloadHelper can present as available files. Some of the files just are without audio.
    Here's an example of the available files that VDH presents for a chosen short movie on YouTube.

Note the HQ numbers at the beginning of some filenames. It suggests that these are the itags mentioned before. Some of those are in the range 133-137. Avoid those if you intend to get audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case View Post
    Note the HQ numbers at the beginning of some filenames. It suggests that these are the itags mentioned before. Some of those are in the range 133-137. Avoid those if you intend to get audio.
    That's right Case

@ubuntu:~$ youtube-dl -F http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE8yHySiJ4A
    [youtube] Setting language
    [youtube] UE8yHySiJ4A: Downloading video webpage
    [youtube] UE8yHySiJ4A: Downloading video info webpage
    [youtube] UE8yHySiJ4A: Extracting video information
    Available formats:
    22 : mp4 [720x1280]
    45 : webm [720x1280]
    35 : flv [480x854]
    44 : webm [480x854]
    34 : flv [360x640]
    18 : mp4 [360x640]
    43 : webm [360x640]
    5 : flv [240x400]
    36 : 3gp [240x320]
    17 : 3gp [144x176]
    136 : mp4 [720p] (DASH Video)
    135 : mp4 [480p] (DASH Video)
    134 : mp4 [360p] (DASH Video)
    133 : mp4 [240p] (DASH Video)
    160 : mp4 [192p] (DASH Video)
    141 : mp4 [256k] (DASH Audio)
    140 : mp4 [128k] (DASH Audio)
    139 : mp4 [48k] (DASH Audio)
    Last edited by bat999; 8th Sep 2013 at 09:55.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    bat999 told you that certain ID tags mean that the file has no audio. So if you are trying to download files with no audio and expecting them to have audio, that is your problem. This is not rocket science.
    No, it is not that they do not have audio, they have done something new to keep you from getting the audio when you download the video.

Over the last 6 months I have downloaded HD music videos with Xilisoft YouTube HD Video Downloader and had no problem, now some videos after downloading won't have any audio, even with the latest version that was supposed to have fixed that problem.
    So they did something yet again to keep you from within the last 2-3 months.

They have audio when watching on youtube but not after download, and some that are showing VEVO I think it is ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Exactly, Noahtuck. Thanks for your answer. As I thought the problem isn´t in my hardware or software. We have to wait that someone "crack" Youtube again.

Best regards

mjbn5164
    Quote Quote