VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All. I am a 32-bit version of Windows XP Service Pack 3. I've installed K-Lite Codec Pack 7.0.0 Full.

I have a problem with VirtualDub, that torments me. I use several filters. Even if i want to cut video file and compress them, without use filters, the resulting file is the picture is damage to the right side:

http://www.4shared.com/video/LBy_ChVN/MOV_2.html

I don't know what causes this problem and I have no idea how to solve.

I will be grateful to everyone who helped me deal with this problem.

Merry Christmas to All!
    Quote Quote  
  2. No one can help me?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see any damage to the right side in that very short example. Maybe a bit pixelated. Use higher bitrate for it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The last 16 pixels at the right edge of the frame are darker than the rest of the picture.

I've never seen VirtualDub do that. What is the source? VirtualDub doesn't output MOV. How did you make the MOV file?
    Quote Quote  
  5. File with the extension AVI. I'm renamed "MOV". Yes, the last 16 pixels are darker. but it bothers me: strip right hand side of picture:

http://www.4shared.com/video/uUdmHJjP/Mov.html

It appears in every video I've processed with virtualdub . I love this wonderful program, but this terrible problem makes me suffer terribly.
    Last edited by pranjev; 28th Dec 2011 at 12:33.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pranjev View Post
    I've installed K-Lite Codec Pack 7.0.0 Full.
    This was your first mistake.

Codec packs tend to make a mess, not help.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. lordsmurf, thank you for answer. I will uninstall K-Lite Codec Pack . And I hope this to fix the problem. Would you recommend me what to install then?

Detailed information of the input file:

General
    Complete name : D:\MOV 2.AVI
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 9.65 MiB
    Duration : 17s 641ms
    Overall bit rate : 4 587 Kbps

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : JPEG
    Codec ID : MJPG
    Bit rate : 5 774 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 28.853 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.651
    Stream size : 12.1 MiB

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Sign : Unsigned
    Codec ID : 1
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 24.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Stream size : 413 KiB (4%)
    Interleave, duration : 256 ms (7.38 video frames)
    Last edited by pranjev; 28th Dec 2011 at 18:14.
    Quote Quote  
  8. what kind of video is the source video? use mediainfo (view=>text) , copy & paste the information back here
    Quote Quote  
  9. We are asking about the source video because it's likely the decompression of the source is causing that dark strip at the right, not VirtualDub. Can you post a short, un-reencoded, sample of your source?
    Quote Quote  
  10. You mean i'm to publish data on the original video before opening it with virtualdub ? Details in post # 7 is for original video source.
    Quote Quote  
  11. No, not the details of the source, but a small piece of the source video itself, the untouched source video.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have no problems with that file and VirtualDub. Attached is the video reencoded with PicVideo MJPEG. I "filled" a little black box near the top left corner just so it would be obvious the video had been processed and reencoded.

Are you seeing the dark bar in VirtualDub's preview windows before writing the output file? Or does it appear only in the output file? If the former, what decoder is being used? If the latter, what codec are you using to compress?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Name of codec used by me is ffdshow Video Codec. I have no idea what decoder is used:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-12-29_133336.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	10293  

Quote Quote  
  14. Use File -> File Information in VirtualDub. It may tell you what decoder is being used. You didn't answer the question about what you saw in VirtualDub's preview windows before saving your file.
    Quote Quote  
  15. In preview window no dark bar and everything in it seems normal. Dark bar appears in the recorded file. I use the internal Motion JPEG decoder (MJPG).
    Quote Quote  
  16. Try using a different codec and see if the problem happens with that too.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I tried to use other codecs and with them the no problem. With their use small frame rate in the seconds.

In the original (raw) file when the movie is paused and move the slider forward each frame of film is visible and immediately came next frame. Using other codecs i'm move the slide forward and the slider is at the end of the film and I see a picture from the beginning of the movie.

Impaired is the frame rate in seconds. In the original video file move the slider all the movie and all the pictures I see them and are changed very quickly, and each corresponds to the location of the slider.

For me is very important to keep the same frame rate per second as the original file.

No matter what codec using, could you explain me how to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Try updating ffdshow? Otherwise, if you need all i-frame encoding, use a different MJPEG encoder. Or use Xvid or x264vfw with only i-frames.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using the FFDSHOW MJPEG codec, I see the problem.
    The PICVideo codec works.

Quote Quote  
  20. I'm not having that problem with ffdshow here. The build I'm using is about a year old, rev4149. 32 bit. I just checked the 64 bit version -- no problems there either.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My version, showing the problem, is 2011-06-29 rev 3914.
    Quote Quote  
  22. The latest build hosted at videohelp.com (rev4206) doesn't have the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I tried to use the PICVideo MJPEG Codec 3. But they increase the size of the saved file 2 times. For example: original file is 20 mb and the recorded file is 40 mb.

Are there other MJPEG codecs and compressors? To try to see other what the outcome.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by pranjev View Post
    I tried to use the PICVideo MJPEG Codec 3. But they increase the size of the saved file 2 times. For example: original file is 20 mb and the recorded file is 40 mb.
    Reduce the quality setting if you want a smaller file.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Until I had installed K-Lite Codec Pack could see thumbnails of all the video files of all formats. I uninstalled K-Lite Codec Pack and lost thumbnails of almost all video files from any formats (including FLV, MP4Video).

Please help me to see thumbnails again of all my videos. Thanks You!
    Quote Quote