VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I need to make an ES of MPEG1 at 1500kbps CBR that shows the Constant flag (I'm using MediaInfo to read the output).
    I have tried many options such as ffpmeg, avconv, mpeg2enc, trascode, mencoder. Mencoder is the closest as it locks the rate into 1500 but the flag is not present.

Are there still tools that will create a true CBR/flagged stream? If not are there any editing tools that could insert this flag?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The old, free version of TMPGenc could create CBR MPEG1 (the main purpose was for VCD). I'm not sure about the flagging.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The old, free version of TMPGenc could create CBR MPEG1 (the main purpose was for VCD). I'm not sure about the flagging.
    did tmpgenc have a linux version?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks jagabo

unfortunately aedipuss is correct. there doesn't seem to be a lunux version.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry, I missed the fact that you wanted something for linux. I see it's mentioned in the title, not the text.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by werdmai View Post
    Hello,

I need to make an ES of MPEG1 at 1500kbps CBR that shows the Constant flag (I'm using MediaInfo to read the output).
    I have tried many options such as ffpmeg, avconv, mpeg2enc, trascode, mencoder. Mencoder is the closest as it locks the rate into 1500 but the flag is not present.

Are there still tools that will create a true CBR/flagged stream? If not are there any editing tools that could insert this flag?

Thanks
    here's a guide for ffmpeg - https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
    and here - https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks for the assist but ffmpeg deprecated mpeg1 CBR a while ago.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    use wine to run windows apps in linux
    Quote Quote