VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After years of happiness with Avisynth, I decided to update and installed Hybrid.

With Avisyth it was simple setting the in/out via loading script into VirtualDub output, but now HOW on earth do I set in/outs for Hybrid???
    Seems like that should be pretty obvious, but I am certainly missing something.
    I hope this question isn't too stupid to be answered.

p.s. I am not loading DVD/Blurays where I could select chapters/streams, just AVIs that I want to output as AVIs.
    Last edited by Jan Tokki; 25th Jul 2022 at 04:10. Reason: p.s.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Drag and drop your .avi source file onto the top blue field
    If you select "Generate" an output file location and file name is proposed in the output field, or you can specify it there by pressing the button right to it.

The avisynth (or Vapoursynth) script will be generated according to your filters selection in Hybrid.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-25 114235.png
Views:	47
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	66059  

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Drag and drop your .avi source file onto the top blue field
    If you select "Generate" an output file location and file name is proposed in the output field, or you can specify it there by pressing the button right to it.

The avisynth (or Vapoursynth) script will be generated according to your filters selection in Hybrid.
    Yeah thanks, but I got that far, adding INPUT + OUTPUT but for-the-life-of-me I cannot find WHERE I can specify an IN or OUT point of the chosen input-file. When creating a job, Hybrid offers me no chance to define in or out.

Or am I completely missing some menu somewhere? The only thing I see that vaguely fits would be the greyed-out box upper-left: select stream/chapter/start-end-time which is only available for DVD/Bluray input.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Assuming I interprete this correctly you want to cut your input, to only encode a part of it.
    Hybrid has an experimental cutting support, which can be enabled through "Config->Internals->Cut Support *experimental*" (remember to read the tool tips) and is then available in the Base-tab. Setting cut start/end either through frame numbers or times, depending on your settings under"Config->Internals->Cut Support *experimental*".

Hybrid does not allow multiple cuts.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Jan Tokki View Post
    .... for-the-life-of-me I cannot find WHERE I can specify an IN or OUT point of the chosen input-file......
    1. Config->Internals : Tick the 'Cut support *experimental*
    2. This will add 'Cut (start/end)' in the Base Tab

(Edit: Selur was faster....)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	52
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	66062  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	42
Size:	67.0 KB