VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.
    I need an alternative to TUBEDIGGER.
    Specifically, I need a software that has a feature similar to "Monitor Browsers" on Tubedigger.
    Quote Quote  
  2. So, no answer, no help.... sad!!.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sad ? A little patience would help you as well.

Take a look at Jaksta Media Recorder or Replay Media Catcher although these are basically the same program now. Both will automatically record a stream as it plays in your browser.

Yet no program, even TubeDigger, which I also use, is perfect and will 'miss' some streams. Your only recourse then is a screen capture.

Check out the Software section here for other possibilities.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    What is the cause of the failure-to-start "Debugger Found" error with TD ? A review in the Tools Section mentioned a process monitor program being responsible, but no such program is running on the PC in question here. Nothing helpful from a Google search on this.

There have been rare launch failures I've encountered with certain programs -- Machete comes to mind -- and in those cases I had to set up an Exception for it with Avast! AV. Perhaps this is another such case ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Bekam,

I recall ANT Downloader monitoring browser activity, in its preparation to grab various things, including videos. The issue I had with that program was its constant intrusiveness in that regard: had to keep stopping it from grabbing anything in sight, while it generally ignored various filters I had set in the program. That was some time ago, so I don't know if they have since curtailed that behavior at all.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    What is the cause of the failure-to-start "Debugger Found" error with TD ? A review in the Tools Section mentioned a process monitor program being responsible, but no such program is running on the PC in question here. Nothing helpful from a Google search on this.
    ?
    - - -
    Last edited by Seeker47; 28th Aug 2018 at 10:50. Reason: relevance adjustment
    Quote Quote  
  7. What is the cause of the failure-to-start "Debugger Found" error with TD ? A review in the Tools Section mentioned a process monitor program being responsible, but no such program is running on the PC in question here. Nothing helpful from a Google search on this
    "Я спросил у ̶я̶с̶е̶н̶я̶ TubeDigger"
    I asked the TubeDigger. He replied:

TD is started via debugger, or Process Monitor was started before or OllyDbg plugins are installed.
    Normally reboot of PC should fix it. Otherwise OllyDbg plugins must be uninstalled.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never heard of these "OllyDbg plugins." Definitely not anything that I ever knowingly installed ! What are they ? Where are they ? If I could find them, I would get rid of them.

(And the objections I raised remain valid.)
    Last edited by Seeker47; 18th Jul 2018 at 11:06.
    Quote Quote  
  9. @Seeker47: If you are noob, if you are obsessed with conspiracy theories, if you like to defame, if you do not respect others work, if you cannot read fonts, if you like capital letters, if you do not know how to google, if you like off-topic - go somewhere else. This subforum is for discussing video downloading and recording. And the original question of this thread is to suggest alternative to my program, but definitely not to slander my program. If you want to promote other downloader - just say it directly. If you do not like or hate my program - just also say it directly. Regarding your objections - are you media streaming guru?
    Last edited by TubeDigger; 18th Jul 2018 at 13:16.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TubeDigger View Post
    @Seeker47: If you are noob, if you are obsessed with conspiracy theories, if you like to defame, if you do not respect others work, if you cannot read fonts, if you like capital letters, if you do not know how to google, if you like off-topic - go somewhere else. This subforum is for discussing video downloading and recording. And the original question of this thread is to suggest alternative to my program, but definitely not to slander my program. If you want to promote other downloader - just say it directly. If you do not like or hate my program - just also say it directly. Regarding your objections - are you media streaming guru?
    Thanks for your reply. I welcome seeing a developer respond to issues raised. (No need for the borderline insults, though . . . . )

A Noob -- No, I've been here on VH 7 years longer than you. Media streaming guru ? -- again, No, not at all. (If I understood how to make good use of the techie, full-manual-control options like RTMPDump, then I would probably be doing that.) I've said favorable things about your program, in other threads. The current version worked well for me during the trial period, although I did not happen to have enough stuff to test it on at the time. I replied directly to part of the OP's original question, if you will just look upwards to Post #5. I have tried a number of other streaming download solutions, such as VideoGet, TVDownloader, and Fast VD, also with good results, and mentioned that one really needs a basket of these solutions in order to cover the different challenges that one encounters in trying to download streaming video content. One program may work on a particular item, where others have problems, while other programs may be more effective in other cases. I mentioned this a number of times. That would very likely include your program, which I now have reason to think stands up very well in comparison to any of the others. This is hardly off-topic. And this is hardly any sort of slander -- merely an accurate reporting of my observations. I definitely stand by what I said about your purchase process. I buy licenses to a lot of software, on a regular basis, and I'd be glad to do the same with yours, if you made this easier and did not have these roadblocks in the way.
    Quote Quote  
  11. But I do not welcome your defamation posts. You even received comment to write not negatively and positively advise something. Only one your post is favorable.
    In this thread only one of your posts is direct response to OP, but even in this post you speak in such manner: I was checking ANT Downloader few years ago and it had some "issues". And at the same time you managed to post two off-topic messages about my program. I have question for you: was it hard for you to download latest version of ANT Downloader and provide updated review? Or did you decide to spent that time by discussing my program?
    Regarding your theory - you have no license for my program at all, therefore how can you speak about license? In fact versions below 5.5.5 are blocked due to issues with warez. It has nothing to do with license. There is only one type of license that works for all versions. And there is only one version - called "latest" version. You speak about 2 years old versions, but why?
    Regarding purchase - billing is processed by 3rd party payment processor with regular fonts and normal justification. Also you may read about your favorite company at WOT and Trustpilot.
    Last edited by TubeDigger; 21st Jul 2018 at 11:15.
    Quote Quote  
  12. --
    Last edited by TubeDigger; 24th Aug 2018 at 15:43. Reason: Offtopic
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I find it pretty sad that two adults - I assume you are both adults - behave in this way. It brings no value whatsoever to the forum and offers no assistance to the OP.

Pls just take a chill pill.

Back to topic. For the record, and clarity, I am a registered user of TubeDigger. In fact this was the first stream downloader I purchased. Mind you I am not the type to upgrade for the sake of it - 'If it ain't broke then why try to fix it' But in the light of certain comments in this thread maybe I should.
    Quote Quote  
  14. --
    Last edited by TubeDigger; 24th Aug 2018 at 15:43. Reason: Offtopic
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Everyone has the right of reply. But there is a time and place for everything.

No doubt the other party will feel the need to respond and the flame war just continues.

BTW I have just upgraded to the latest version and it seems I can now record a particular stream that failed before.

Maybe the OP should come back to the latest version and that may solve his problem.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    TubeDigger, stop with personal insults or you will be banned.

Fair warning.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    TubeDigger, stop with personal insults or you will be banned.

Fair warning.

Moderator redwudz
    OK. But I would like if people here would not hijack threads and would not provide negative theories about my reputation without 100% proofs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Everyone has the right of reply. But there is a time and place for everything.

No doubt the other party will feel the need to respond and the flame war just continues.

BTW I have just upgraded to the latest version and it seems I can now record a particular stream that failed before.

Maybe the OP should come back to the latest version and that may solve his problem.
    No, I never considered this as having risen (descended ?) to the level of a flame war. (Oh, I've witnessed some real flame wars . . . . ) If I fail to respond to something, it is because I am quite busy, and responding to this type of discourse ranks very low on my list of priorities. I could go point-for-point on certain charges, but probably won't.

TD explained about the third-party billing / processing, so that part was not on him, and this makes sense to me. I stand corrected, on that score. My comments about the functionality of his program (not just in this thread), I think have overall been more favorable than not. Based on my limited testing of the recent version, I must say that it looked to be a top contender in this category.

So yes, let's get back to the main topic. It may not be so much a matter of alternatives, as that you will likely need more than one program to cover this field. (The same reason I keep 4 browsers, a few text editors, a couple photo editors, etc. But I've said that before.) It helps a lot towards most people being able to do that when the programs are at a minimal cost, as in this case.
    Quote Quote