VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I attached a 600KB sample.

From my experience looks like it's a US show in 25FPS, something simple like adding a deinterlacer and srestore() almost does great work, but doesn't remove all blends, only partially.

You can still see lots of blends on motion frames.

So far the best result I get is with
    Code:
    srestore()
    and
    Code:
    YadifMod2(mode=1)

But I was thinking is it possible to push boundaries and get rid of all blends?

So I was hoping maybe someone has little time to play with the sample, it's only 600KB.

Cheers.
    Image Attached Files
    • File Type: m2v 1.M2V (624.7 KB, 227 views)
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's a field-blended mess. Sometimes the top field is blended, sometimes the bottom field, sometimes both fields are blended. Moreover the pattern is not regular. From about mid file onwards every 2nd frame looks progressive.....
    I give up. Perhaps someone else will chime in.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You mean it's so bad, better leave it as it is with my current script?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I meant that someone else may have a better idea how to fix it, with some sophisticated deblender algorithm perhaps. I don't know.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yadif(Mode=1)###or your favorite bobber
    SRestore()
    Quote Quote  
  6. That's exactly the same what I'm already using. I was just wondering if it was possible to improve the result.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, you're right. But for the unblenders to work you need one 'clean' field in each frame (field pair) and you don't have that here, as sharc mentioned. About the best you can hope is for it to play smoothly and for the remaining blending to not be too obvious.

That's exactly the same what I'm already using.
    Then why isn't the script you showed in your first post the same, except for the bobber used? To my eyes, it was misleading at best.
    Quote Quote