VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i'm thinking about buy one dvd recorder but i wanted to know if anyone ever had sync problems like some ppl sometimes has when capturing with your computers using tv cards.
    a dvd recorder never have sync problems even with very old tapes with high generation copys?

please some one help me with my question
    Quote Quote  
  2. dvd recorder dose not create sync problems. its the software you use to capture or encode or edit that creates the sync problems....
    Quote Quote  
  3. ghoster, I think v1p0n3 means standalone DVD recorder like the Panasonic E30, HS2, Pioneer 7000 or the Philips 985.
    When you feel that nobody loves you, nobody cares for you, everyone is ignoring you, and people are jealous of you, you should really ask yourself... Am I TOO sexy?
    Quote Quote  
  4. dvd recorder dose not create sync problems.
    v1p0n3, I guess ghoster already answered your question.

ghoster, sorry about that.
    When you feel that nobody loves you, nobody cares for you, everyone is ignoring you, and people are jealous of you, you should really ask yourself... Am I TOO sexy?
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok
    thanks for the info
    one other question
    how a standalone dvd recorder works? i mean. i want to record a full movie from tv and i don't want the PUB so i want to cut that part off. how can i do that if the dvd record to the dvd. (this in case of dvd-r)
    can anyone explain me this? i saw that a few dvd's has HD but other ones don't have nothing
    Quote Quote  
  6. When you say PUB, do you mean commercials?

If so, then the answer is simple: pause the recording as you would a VCR when a commercial comes on then unpause the recording when the commercial is over. Repeat steps.

i saw that a few dvd's has HD but other ones don't have nothing
    What do you mean?
    Quote Quote  
  7. yeah i meant comercials.
    so you will allways have some short seconds of comercials. you can't cut exactly like you do with a edit program in your pc, right?
    with HD i mean hard drive. i saw that a few dvd records has hard drives with 40 gb to store video
    Quote Quote  
  8. so you will allways have some short seconds of comercials. you can't cut exactly like you do with a edit program in your pc, right?
    Right.

with HD i mean hard drive. i saw that a few dvd records has hard drives with 40 gb to store video
    OIC. I didn't know if you meant Hi Def or something else. Anyhoo, the Panasonic HS2 and the Toshiba RD-X2 both have built-in HDD. You can record directly onto the HDD, edit the shows (remove unwanted scenes, arrange the order in which the shows will be played back, etc), and then dub them to DVD-R or DVD-RAM discs. As you probably have guessed, hving the built-in HDD gives you more flexibility.
    Quote Quote