VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Happy Saturday everyone.

Today I tried to burn a video image onto a brand new Verbatim DVD+R DL using ImgBurn. The write failed on the first attempt, but was successful on the second try. The only oddity I noticed in the first burn was that I set the write speed to 2.4x, but ImgBurn displayed a message that my burner could only burn these discs at 3x, 4x, or 6x. The error message that led to burn failure was "Invalid Address For Write." I then tried to burn the file again with another Verbatim disc from the same batch. The only change I made was to burn at 6x speed. The burn worked and the disc plays perfectly in my DVD player.

I've attached the log for both burns. Would anyone be willing to take a look and offer ideas on why the first burn failed?

Thanks!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't worry about a bad burn due to a speed problem,most likely a bad disc or hair or dust got on it.If you looked at the log it was burned at 3x.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm just curious as to what program you made the image file with origanally, Or what your project was? I use Pinnace studio to convert old vhs and other home movies for others. I usually just use that softeware to make dvd's, edited and menu's etc... However, I've found that Pinnacle fails every time if I try to use DL disc. I found recently that if I make an ISO image file from pinnacle instead of disc export, then use Nero to burn image, I can get them to work that way. So, I've never used IMGBURN, but I assume I could use this in place of Nero, to burn the Iso files created with Pinnace?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by amill88 View Post
    Hi, I'm just curious as to what program you made the image file with origanally, Or what your project was? I use Pinnace studio to convert old vhs and other home movies for others. I usually just use that softeware to make dvd's, edited and menu's etc... However, I've found that Pinnacle fails every time if I try to use DL disc. I found recently that if I make an ISO image file from pinnacle instead of disc export, then use Nero to burn image, I can get them to work that way. So, I've never used IMGBURN, but I assume I could use this in place of Nero, to burn the Iso files created with Pinnace?
    I used my standalone DVD recorder to record the content from my DVR to two discs. I ripped the discs onto my hard drive and did my edits with TMPGEnc Authoring Works. Nothing elaborate. Just eliminated the commercials and combined the video from both discs to put it on a DVD+R DL. The program allows you to create menus, but I usually don’t. I output the edited video from TMPGEnc Authoring Works to DVD-compliant VOB files. I then created the ISO and MDS files in ImgBurn, then used ImgBurn to burn the MDS file onto a DVD+R DL. I’ve only ever used ImgBurn to burn dual-layer discs. I don’t think I’ve ever had any burns fail. Just the buffering issues noted above, but that’s probably because of my laptop. ImgBurn has a reputation for being pretty stable, and it’s free. It’s also really easy to insert the layer break in ImgBurn.

It sounds like our processes are similar, with me using TMPGEnc Authoring Works and Imgburn, while you use Pinnacle and Nero. Yes, you could use ImgBurn instead of Nero. Just curious—how do you insert the layer break in Nero? With ImgBurn, the program creates an ISO file and an MDS file, which is the file that contains the layer break.
    Quote Quote