VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a moderately complex dvd authoring project going in DvdLab Pro 2 and I can't seem to figure out how to do something I figured would be completely trivial. I have a "character profiles" set of vts menus that contain a character's name, a picture and a blurb of text about the charcter (no audio/motion) so no timeout. Each of the 12 character buttons are available on each character menu so you can reach any character from any character (yes I had to make 144 links). I made sure to set the navigation for the buttons manually and that all works. What I CAN'T seem to figure out is how to make the character who was selected still be highlighted when jumping to the new menu.

For example when I first navigate to the character profiles menu, the first character, we will call character A is highlighted (it is also the lowest layer of the buttons, so it makes sense this button is highlighted first). When I select character B, I am wanting character B button to be highlighted once I am on the character B menu, but it still shows character A is highlighted (probably for the same reason, this button is lowest in the layers). DVDLab Pro already does some fairly prescriptive things like saving the highlighted button at the end of a menu cell (if there is audio/motion etc) so that it will remain highlighted when the cell restarts. In my case, the cell has no timeout, so the VM command only runs once when it the menu is called. I tried to add the following to the PRE (Section A) part and it did not work as expected:

SETHL_BTN button 2
    Break

I put the Break in there because DVDLab Pro was also trying to do button highlighting stuff in their abstraction layer so I put my code first and the Break to avoid running theirs.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Completely disregard.... I put too much into the "simulation" mode in DvdLab Pro. It works fine once I open it in a dvd app.
    Quote Quote