VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I'm authoring a dvd9 disc and the replicator has asked either a DDP file (which is not an option for me) or 2 dvd disc files one for layer 0 and one for layer 1.
    Can you tell me how this can be done? Or alternatively if it's possible to convert an iso / video ts folder to DDP, that would also work.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Easiest way is to rip with makemkv as an mkv video and then split the file with mkvmerge,only thing is you're going to lose the menu.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I mentioned this in an older thread, but this may help here...

Your best bet is to re-author the disc using a software that supports DDP. Scenarist does, but that's expensive. Gear & DVD Maestro did, but they're very defunct. Same with DVD Studio Pro and Sonic DVD Creator on the Mac side. IIWY, I would try to find a copy of DVD Architect. Perhaps Encore did as well but I don't recall now, and don't have easy access to my old copy. There may be others that support ddp specifically, for dvd, but I don't know of any further.

Strange, though, the last time I sent a dual layer dvd to be pressed, I had no trouble with submitting a DVD-R DL disc as my reference master. Unlike with Audio CDs, DVDs and Blurays do have that additional layer of error correction, so that benefit of ddp isn't as necessary. Where it IS still necessary is when specifying things like layer break, copy protection info, manufacturing info, ISBN/ISRC, etc.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    I mentioned this in an older thread, but this may help here...

Your best bet is to re-author the disc using a software that supports DDP. Scenarist does, but that's expensive. Gear & DVD Maestro did, but they're very defunct. Same with DVD Studio Pro and Sonic DVD Creator on the Mac side. IIWY, I would try to find a copy of DVD Architect. Perhaps Encore did as well but I don't recall now, and don't have easy access to my old copy. There may be others that support ddp specifically, for dvd, but I don't know of any further.

Strange, though, the last time I sent a dual layer dvd to be pressed, I had no trouble with submitting a DVD-R DL disc as my reference master. Unlike with Audio CDs, DVDs and Blurays do have that additional layer of error correction, so that benefit of ddp isn't as necessary. Where it IS still necessary is when specifying things like layer break, copy protection info, manufacturing info, ISBN/ISRC, etc.

Scott
    Thanks for your reply.
    I found a copy of Sony DVD Architect Studio 4.5 somewhere for just 25$, but would that work? Because to me it seems to be the home version with no professional features.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just like with the sister software Sony/Magix Vegas editing app, there is a home/studio/lite version and a pro version. You can't use the home version, as those never have use/need for DDP. In fact, you won't find any "home" version authoring software that supports DDP. It is a strictly pro feature, so only the pro apps support it.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks again.
    I'll probably go with DVD Architect, I managed to find somewhere a key for the newest and from the trial it seems to work for me so I'll probably end up buying it.
    Quote Quote