VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is something I could really use some help on, especially in modern times. I'm trying to make an ISO image out of these two VOB files so I can try to rip the video as an MPEG-2:
    https://archive.org/download/die-muppet-show-german-mary-roos-chris-langham-brooke-shi...isLangham1.VOB
    https://archive.org/download/die-muppet-show-german-mary-roos-chris-langham-brooke-shi...isLangham2.VOB

However, I realized something was missing on my first try on ripping it with Magic DVD Ripper, and this was after I made an ISO. The IFOs and BUPs. I was wondering... Does anyone know any good software I could use to recreate the IFOs and BUPs, given the era we're now in? If so, please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    DGIndex should be able to extract the video and audio streams from the .VOBs.
    Then you can create an appropriate DVD-Video structure (.IFOs + .BUPs + .VOBs) with an authoring tool
    (Muxman, dvdauthor, DVD-lab Pro, etc).
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Then you can create an appropriate DVD-Video structure (.IFOs + .BUPs + .VOBs) with an authoring tool
    Thanks! I'll try what you mentioned, and I'll let you know of the results.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by EditingFan12 View Post
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Thanks! I'll try what you mentioned, and I'll let you know of the results.

Also, since I'm new to DGIndex and Muxman, would you mind giving me some tutorials related to both softwares? I'd like to know how to do everything properly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by EditingFan12 View Post
    This is something I could really use some help on, especially in modern times. I'm trying to make an ISO image out of these two VOB files so I can try to rip the video as an MPEG-2
    VOB files ARE MPEG2.

Try opening them in something like AviDemux(ignore the name of the program....it works on almost anything)....and "Save As" MPEG-TS(? I believe).....call it newfile.mpg or something and let it do it's thing.
    I think even HandBrake and WinFF can still do this too.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD is easy to use and can create DVDs with a simple menu or no menu. I seem to recall that it accepts VOBs as input but I never needed to join the VOBs so I don't know if AVStoDVD does that. There are tutorials for AVStoDVD available. Links to some of them may be found on the VideoHelp software page for AVStoDVD.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well, I managed to figure it out. Thanks a lot, guys!
    Quote Quote