VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Edit DVDs
    Get a real mpeg editor like Videoredo or Mpeg Video Wizard DVD. If you want to use Windows Movie Maker you must convert the dvd to mpg or avi, use vob2mpg or convert to dv-avi using Xvid4psp(open the dvd, under profile, choose dv-avi, convert).

Join DVDs
    Use TMPGEnc DVD Author / Tmpgenc Authoring works, select add dvd video, select the video_ts(or the folder with the vob,ifo,bup files) folder. Click add new track, add dvd video, select the other video_ts folder. Repeat this for all DVDs.

You can also use the FREE DVDShrink but you wont be able to make any menus, use the reauthor mode, read https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=538&howtoselect=6;30#538

Or use DVDRemake Pro, read https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=702&howtoselect=6;30#702 or DVD2One or
    DVDFab Platinum and you can keep the original menus.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    excellent wealth of information, Baldrick! thank you
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    or
    I'm trying to join 2 video_ts folders, keeping the original menu of the first one. There's no menu in the other DVD.
    It seems no option is available in DVDFab for this. Does it still exist in version 8.0.6.8.?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I haven't really tried this but i've seen it work you open then in dvdfab platinum and under dvdcopy selecdt merge and can merge the two video_ts and and keep whatever you like no re-encode as long as you select output size correctly.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	861
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	5428  

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just did it, but the menu is lost.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @Baldrick

nice information using excellent tools.
    thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bonie81 View Post
    nice information using excellent tools.
    ....from 2005.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Dvdremake can do this by editing the structure but it's not free!; I also found this and looks like to much work for me https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/254043-Guide-for-extracting-menus-for-editing-and-r...g-edited-menus you could try to extract menu, merge with dvdfab and reinsert the menu
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'd like to create a disc combining a few DVDs & keep the original menus, & also create a menu with links for each DVD. I have DVDRemake, but it's old now, so I'm wondering if there's any other software that will do this easily?

I know of the others mentioned above, but would like to know what others recommend before giving it a go?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Edit DVDs
    Get a real mpeg editor like Videoredo or Mpeg Video Wizard DVD. If you want to use Windows Movie Maker you must convert the dvd to mpg or avi, use vob2mpg or convert to dv-avi using Xvid4psp(open the dvd, under profile, choose dv-avi, convert).

Join DVDs
    Use TMPGEnc DVD Author / Tmpgenc Authoring works, select add dvd video, select the video_ts(or the folder with the vob,ifo,bup files) folder. Click add new track, add dvd video, select the other video_ts folder. Repeat this for all DVDs.

You can also use the FREE DVDShrink but you wont be able to make any menus, use the reauthor mode, read https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=538&howtoselect=6;30#538

Or use DVDRemake Pro, read https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=702&howtoselect=6;30#702 or DVD2One or
    Hi, i have a dvd with original menu and i want to add a short movie clip without any change it. please tell me how can i do it without menu change?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by mehrbahar View Post
    Hi, i have a dvd with original menu and i want to add a short movie clip without any change it. please tell me how can i do it without menu change?
    You can have it play before going to the menu, between the menu and one of the titles (like the movie), or after the movie is over and before returning to the menu. Make sure it's authored as a DVD. Then open the original main DVD in PGCEdit, hit 'Title' at the top middle, and then either 'Import First-Play Clip', 'Import Title's Intro Clip', or 'Import Title's Closing Clip', and follow the easy instructions from there.
    Last edited by manono; 7th Oct 2013 at 05:59.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by mehrbahar View Post
    You can have it play before going to the menu, between the menu one of the titles (like the movie), or after the movie is over and before returning to the menu. Make sure it's authored as a DVD. Then open the original main DVD in PGCEdit, hit 'Title' at the top middle, and then either 'Import First-Play Clip', 'Import Title's Intro Clip', or 'Import Title's Closing Clip', and follow the easy instructions from there.
    Dear manono,
    Please show me with pics step by step if you can, I have a little knowledge about this action.
    Thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by mehrbahar View Post
    Dear manono,
    Please show me with pics step by step if you can, I have a little knowledge about this action.
    Thank you very much
    No. I already explained in some detail. There are written instructions in PGCEdit as well. About all you have to do is author a short DVD of your clip and the rest is easy.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I have bad knowledge about this topic and actions, and
    this dvd has original menu, i want to keep that and insert short clip before start it, please tell me how (visual) import my clip without chang dvd menu?

when i use your help, and open PGCEdit, and import title its accept ifo file and i have mpeg file (my clip)
    how can i convert to ifo file or please tell me more.
    Thanks
    Last edited by mehrbahar; 9th Oct 2013 at 07:46.
    Quote Quote