VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got a bunch of videos in AVI format that I can watch on my TV with the TV-OUT of my computer. Works like a dream!
    I now want to be able to record those AVI movies on VHS tapes. I tried already, just hitting the Rec button while movie was playing but the image was jumpy and all messed up. Having said that, the tape I uses was very very old!!
    Any special settings I need to know about for doing that, or is it just a question of playing the movie from TV-OUT and Recording on tape (with a good clean new tape!)
    Thanks
    Nazim
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the avi was a capture of a macrovison protected source it may still have macrovision encoding in it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CordeliaII on 2001-07-02 04:35:46 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  3. What kind of video controller do you have? Many TV outputs are too inaccurate for recording on tape. Video adapters based on nVidia or Trident chips often fall into this category.

If you get a jumpy recording, set your VCR at a different recording speed and try again. Recordings of old home Atari, Commodore, and Apple home computers worked best at the LP speed. Give it a try--it couldn't hurt.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I got an ATI Rage Pro 2000 with 32MB. Don't think I can set the recording speed though, it is one of those TV-VCR all in one combo...
    I will try again in the next few days with a clean tape. Checked again the one I used and it really is bad/old/ messed up!!

thanks. Will let you all know when and if it works
    Nazim
    Quote Quote  
  5. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-02 23:24:38, nazimm wrote:
    I got an ATI Rage Pro 2000 with 32MB. Don't think I can set the recording speed though, it is one of those TV-VCR all in one combo...
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

tacosalad means the recording speed of your VCR...SP/LP you know?

Bye
    MarioB79
    Quote Quote