VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Programs Needed
    1. DVD Decrypter
    2. DVDSplit
    3.IFOEDIT
    4. Nero to Burn

1.Fire up DVD Decrypter then switch to File mode.
    2.Just rip the Movie VOBs and the VEDIO_TS.XXX files and Movie ifo files to any directory.
    3. Then Fire DVD split and split the DVD in to Two.
    4. Then Remove alll the files on the two splited except the VOB files. 5.Rename the VOB files in the splited directory to XXX_01_1.VOB, XXX_01_2.VOB this is for Both the Splited once. Then open ifoedit and 6.Click Create ifo and open the First VOB from disc1 and check the same as source Button.
    7. repeat the step 6. for the disc 2.
    8. fire nero and select dvd files.
    9. add the files from the disc 1 VEDIO_TS directory and Burn. You have the First half of the Movie.
    10. repeat step 9 for disc 2.

Wola You have the DVD9 in 2 DVDR's With Chapter navigation, switchable audio and subtitle. No re encoding. But You will not have the Menu and extras.

For Single Layer DVD.
    Rip the DVD using DVD Decrypter And Write using nero as mentioned above to DVDR. You ahve the DVD back up.

This I tried on three difrent Movies and it worked.

M/C Config

Pentium4 1.3 GHZ 512 RDRAM.
    40 GB (7200 rpm) + 80 GB (7200 rpm) ATA100
    Sony DRX500UL(IEEE1394) - DVD-RRW/+RRW Writer( changing to DRU500A today)
    Verbatim DVD+RW
    DVDplayer - Sony DAV-C770
    Nero Latest version
    DVD Decrypter latest one
    dvdsplit0.5
    ifoedit.95
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guys Any coments ?. any body tried This one. Let me know if it is help full i am Planning to do the Guide with Some Screen shots and stuff.
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. why did you post so backwards a guide...

i think most here are trying to get around those
    kinda of issues,that why its called vcdhelp i
    think...vcd's are why we're all here anyway...

of course there's always svcd's/cvcd's/xvcd's

get rempeg or tmpgenc if u dont want mutiple discs
    Quote Quote  
  4. Wow why so harsh on his guide? By the way check out the logo...notice it now has dvd help also
    Quote Quote  
  5. Whay did you say your going to change to DRU500A today. Did the DRX500UL(IEEE1394) give you problems? I was going to get the external version but I saw your post. Was there a problem with it?

Sony DRX500UL(IEEE1394) - DVD-RRW/+RRW Writer( changing to DRU500A today)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's a cool guide, but I'm not going to pay for DVDsplit. Don't jump down the guys throat . Yeah it's called vcdhelp....but I have a dvd burner and that is the way to go. Vcd's for the most part look like crap compared to original vob files of course.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Whay did you say your going to change to DRU500A today. Did the DRX500UL(IEEE1394) give you problems? I was going to get the external version but I saw your post. Was there a problem with it?

NO. Before i Buy the interal i want to test how it works. And aslo i got a 10 % coupon and they said they cannot give me the discount on already bought one. so i returned it and bought the new one for a total of 265 after 10 % and 50 $ mail in rebate. I was realy happy with the external i would recomend it to any one who needs an external version.

Musher70

why did you post so backwards a guide...

i think most here are trying to get around those
    kinda of issues,that why its called vcdhelp i
    think...vcd's are why we're all here anyway...

of course there's always svcd's/cvcd's/xvcd's

get rempeg or tmpgenc if u dont want mutiple discs
    Did You notice where i posted the Guide in the DVD Ripping to DVDR

Which means that VCD help has a dedicated Form For this and Every body come for information about DVD ripping here. Not only VCD / SVCD and xvcd. See reencoding does degrade the Quality. Guys who go for DVD are lookign for Quality and Multiple sound track and subtitle that is as in the DVD. If you do not need the Guide Just Dont read it. People who find this useful will use it. I belive that this Website is to help each other and share their ideas which is what i am doing.

Sorry if i am little harsh here.
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  8. Looks like an interesting guide. I am not familiar with DVDsplit, but I think IFOedit will do the same thing (at least the newest version)? Personally, I want to fit my movies to one dvd-r, so this guide doesn't do much for me. In theory, re-encoding the movie does reduce quality, however I view my encoded movies on a 55" HDTV and I can't see any difference (I use CCE).

Musher: There are many people, like myself, who come to this forum strictly for DVD to DVD-r help. It has a section just for that, and it is the best one I have found. Your post makes no sense.

Revilo
    Quote Quote  
  9. thanx for the tutorial.

Listen, where did you get the rebates on the sony dvd burner? I want to get one myself and would love to save some money. I would appreciate your help m8.

Thanx
    =[ vinchi007 ]=
    Quote Quote  
  10. I founf it on the web. But i could not find it any more. I have a Printedcopy. If you want i can mail you that thru usps if you can send me your address to my email baskarans@yahoo.com
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  11. check your email.
    =[ vinchi007 ]=
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First, I would like to say that I found your way of copying DVD's very useful. After I spent a week online looking for alternative ways and spending ours of encoding, only to become successful at making a "non-compliant dvd". I , however did not use Dvd split because "smartripper" rips separate vob files for me then i use ifo edit. And DVD Decrypter works like a charm for dvd iso's than can fit on one dvd-r. Thanks again for your help! And for those who jus can stand using two dvds for one movie, yall should jus suck it up because the quality is worth it! If you really want it all on one dvd-r you could buy double-sided dvd-r but I find it cheaper to buy standard dvd-r in bulk an put it on two dvd-r's. Thanks again.

dbaker6165
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi,

i did some test again. I have To update the Above method which is very very simple.

Softwares needed

DVD Decrypter / smart ripper
    ifoedit
    nero latest version

1. Launch DVD Decrypter. set the model to file
    2. this will select the Movie files from the DVD automaticaly.
    3. rip it to the Drive.
    4. then Check how many VOB are there and COPY or MOVE the first half of the VOB files to a Separate directory and the second half to another directory.
    5. Rename the files in each directory as VTS_01_X .. x is 1..4..
    6. Launch ifoedit and click on Create IFO's and open the VTS_01_1.vob from first directory and click the destination check box of same path and click ok. After 10 - 30 min You will have the first half.
    Follow the same step for the next half. You have a Perfect copy of the movie into two DVDR without menu.

Burn the Each Disc to DVDR using nero.

Baskaran
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote