VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doing each file manually is a PITA, I can't even drag and drop the files onto the executable or into the window. Plus, now I'm going to have to batch all the files back together again, I could have written ONE script to have done all of this and have been done by now.
    Quote Quote  
  2. mpgpatcher, but it's only has limited subset of functions like AR patching

Code:
    MPGPatcher build 2014.08.15
    changes video basics in mpg-video files
    patches video headers only, does no reencoding
    : /f=filename (mpg-video file)
    : /hs=horizontal size (px)
    : /vs=vertical size (px)
    : /fr=framerate (1=23.976 2=24 3=25 4=29.97 5=30 6=50 7=59.94 8=60 fps)
    : /ar=aspect ratio (1=1:1 2=4:3 3=16:9 4=2.21:1)
    : /br=bitrate (bps)
    : /all (patch all headers instead of first header only)
    : /log (write logfile)
    example: MPGPatcher /f=video.mpg /log
             writes logfile only, nothing patched
    example: MPGPatcher /f=video.mpg /ar=3 /br=9000000 /log
             patches aspect ratio to 3 (16:9), bitrate to 9000000 bps, writes logfile
    example: MPGPatcher /f=video.mpg /hs=720 /vs=576 /all
             patches horizontal size to 720 px, vertical size to 576 px, all headers
    Quote Quote  
  3. I had the same problem years back just to change interlace flags to progressive for camcorder clips. I did not find anything like that, I used this to automate things and batch process a folder.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At the moment I'm modifying the aspect ratio, setting the first time-stamp to 00:00:00:00, setting the maximum bitrate to something that more accurately represents the actual stream bitrate and removing the end sequence codes (which seems to let MediaInfo determine the actual length of the m2v file, apparently there was an end sequence code at the finish of the title sequence so Mediainfo was deciding the duration of the m2v was 50 seconds).

(Bitrate viewer doesn't seem to have a command line either but I can do without that, I'm not even sure what number I'm supposed to be using. I Googled it and found a post on Doom9 from 2011 but stopped reading when someone cut in to say peak bitrate is dependant on buffer size and decoding delay...)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!