VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. neil88
    Produced my first disk (using the Pioneer fix ) and each chapter will only play for 1 to 3 sec then freezes.

I converted a 3 disk svcd and used the AC3 option.

Any ideas ?

cheers
    Neil

ps, plays fine on the PC....but don't they always.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had a problem with the AC3 audio produced by BeSweet on my Pioneer standalone. It seem that Pioneer players don't like what BeSweet does. The effect is that the DVD will play for a couple seconds then freeze up.

My solution? I bought Vegas+DVD for $265 which comes with a licensed Dolby Digital AC-3 2.0 or 5.1 Encoder. Overkill, maybe, but I have Video Factory by the same company (Sonic Foundry) and it's one of the easiest NLE's to use on the market; much simpler than Premeire.

Check to see if your DVD will play on any other players, and try encoding the audio to MPEG-2 sound and see if that works. Note that some players don't like the MPEG-2 encoding either.
    Quote Quote  
  3. neil88
    yep...switched to non AC3 and it works fine.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. how
    im having same trouble, how did u switch to non-AC3 file? What programs did u use?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Of course some of our Pioneers have OTHER issues when the files are encoded to MP2, but that's another issue entirely.

- Gurm
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok i sorted it anyway thanks for this topic, Helped me out anyway. Converted to MP2 w/ tmpeg instead of AC3 w/ bsweet.

Player played the whole film fine.

Thanks

PS. who would of thought the sound file, would of caused this much problems for me.
    http://dvd.coldpie.com - where you can download versions of DVD2DVDR.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, the Pioneer players are a bit finiky sometimes. If you want "true" audio compliance, you have to spend bucks to get an official licensed Dolby AC-3 encoder. I bought Vegas+DVD from Sonic Foundry, it's an NLE that comes with the Dolby encoder. Easy to use too, and you can frameserve to TMPEGEnc if you don't like it's own MPEG-2 encoder.

It's that or wait for BeSweet to adjust it's AC-3 encoder to work on Pioneer players.
    Quote Quote