VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Congrats on your very own forum

SVCD2DVDMPG+ is an EXCELLENT product. Have you considered adding some new features to this product or creating complementary products

Here are my suggestions for one step products or new features:

1. PAL SVCD to NTSC SVCD

2. NTSC SVCD to PAL SVCD

These items are necessary to make the SVCD...+ a seamless package.

I am sure if you took another poll at your website you would get %80 YES response for these features.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have only used this app once, so I dont have a lot of experience, but I don't think that there is an app that can patch a PAL to NTSC and vice versa. PAL's are 25fps and NTSC is 23 or 29fps. I dont think you can "fake" that with your dvd player. IF you could, I would guess that it would play like crap.

I tried to use the app to do the pal to ntsc (as far as resolution) and would have loved to have it do that, I just dont think it can work. Hope I can be proven wrong.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by macleod
    I have only used this app once, so I dont have a lot of experience, but I don't think that there is an app that can patch a PAL to NTSC and vice versa. PAL's are 25fps and NTSC is 23 or 29fps. I dont think you can "fake" that with your dvd player. IF you could, I would guess that it would play like crap.

I tried to use the app to do the pal to ntsc (as far as resolution) and would have loved to have it do that, I just dont think it can work. Hope I can be proven wrong.
    This morning I just converted three PAL episodes of Farscape over to NTSC using Tsunami --- easy as pie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can I ask what settings you used? I just tried to open an mpeg from a PAL SVCD in TMPGEnc, and got a "can not open or unsupported" error message. Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Robert Simandl
    Can I ask what settings you used? I just tried to open an mpeg from a PAL SVCD in TMPGEnc, and got a "can not open or unsupported" error message.
    You may need to convert the .mpg file.

I believe the AVSEQ01.MPG file found on the SVCD contains a RIFF header which TMPG does not like. I use VCDEASY v1.1.5 http://www.vcdeasy.org/ to convert to a "true" MPG file. In VCDEASY go to the TOOLS, MPEG TOOLS and do the Cdxa2mpeg conversion.

This is the same process you must do to use the MPG file in SVCD2DVDMPG.

Another very good tool is the AVICODEC. The name doesn't do the program justice as you think it is only for AVI codecs. From the web site:

"Gives multiple information on multiple movies, particularly the video & audio codecs, if they are supported by the system (usign VFW or Directshow), and where to download them if not installed.

Movie types recognized : AVI, ASF & WMV, Real (.rm, .rmvb), Ogg (.ogg, .ogm), Mpeg-(S)VCD-DVD (.mpg, .vob)"

http://avicodec.duby.info/
    Quote Quote  
  6. timolean wrote:
    macleod wrote:
    I have only used this app once, so I dont have a lot of experience, but I don't think that there is an app that can patch a PAL to NTSC and vice versa. PAL's are 25fps and NTSC is 23 or 29fps. I dont think you can "fake" that with your dvd player. IF you could, I would guess that it would play like crap.

This morning I just converted three PAL episodes of Farscape over to NTSC using Tsunami --- easy as pie.
    The original poster was asking about using the app SVCD2DVDMPG+ to patch a PAL video to a NTSC video and vice versa. Yes, I know that TMPGENC can do it, and it is easy as pie, however, the original posters wants it to patch not reencode. if you used TMPGENC to patch the PAL video over NTSC and play on your dvd player that has proven to only play NTSC, please share that information.
    Quote Quote