VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to restore one of the live action segments that was left off the DVD sets of The Super Mario Bros Super Show. I have a VHS that looks pretty good, but if there are any virtualdub filter chains that can brighten up the picture without crushing the black and white levels and maybe make the picture look a little less saturated without making it look washed out, that would be great
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-06-07-07-35-50-1.png
Views:	866
Size:	511.8 KB
ID:	41826  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try the levels filter and adjust the gamma a little (middle slider)

To get a more informed analysis you should provide a short clip of your original capture source
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  4. ColorMill is a good suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I already have all the filters I need, I just want to know if anyone could recommend some input settings. The same VHS rip I'm trying to restore can be found on youtube here:https://youtu.be/MQSySqNGuEA Remember, I only need to restore the live-action part
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what you can do with it doesn't seem that bad, it has that analog NTSC "look" . What are you trying to achieve and what have you tried so far
    Quote Quote  
  7. No one wants a YouTube version. You were already asked for a sample from your source. Just cut a short piece from your capture. 10 seconds should be plenty.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All I really want to do is try to improve it as much as I can without crushing any black or white levels or making the colors look more saturated or more washed out
    Quote Quote