VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Dear People,

now i'm a little bit confused, because i searched some various way to make my quicktime movies faststart.
    we had a "solution" that generate a chapter movie with qtmetadata.exe and qt-faststart.exe, and a chapter file for patching this.

these files played on iPad/iPhone, PC or Mac very well but in the web no autoplay happend.
    the problem was that the chapter text marks stands at the end of the movie file, so the browser qt plugin loaded the complete video... moov atom first and then the mdat, then text marks...
    the video files are like 500MB-1GB, so nobady should wait a hour for his video.

after a little bit research we had the idee that ffmpeg should create chapter marks too. but i don't know exactly how i can do this.
    it's possible to parse a txt file with ffmpeg, so the chapter can be create ?
    or exist some other CLI software for mac and pc ?

on mac i tested lillipot, after i reparsed with this tool it worked on the web, but it's only for mac and no cli.
    I'm not shure, what i can do.. yesterday we had a "Star Trek" Day, over 10 hours... i'm little tired because of this

the last step is to develop such a parser by myself, but i think this it's not so easy..

Sincerely,
    MS
    Quote Quote  
  2. :O not possible?

i thought, because of the parameter map_chapters and copy_chapters_metadata.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are making a mp4 you can use mp4box with the -hint option. I don't know any similar settings for just ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote