VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I doubt many have. The cost aside, it engenders similar pitfalls to jailbreaking the PS4 (or trapping unicorns): if you don't have just the right equipment you're going to be very disappointed. Particular drives required, specific titles only can be decrypted, no promise of when keys for all titles will be available. Lot of money for hot air, if you ask me. At the moment it's a promising project that is going to go the way of the dodo very quickly (does anyone really suppose the MPAA are going to sit idle and let this software flood the planet without a fight?). I give it a month before we hear of the Russian anti-piracy brigade goosestepping their way right through the vendors front door.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello, dear all.

Q: Can I use it without network connection?

A: No, network connection is required when starting up and accessing the server.

Q: What can I do if the disc does not support yet?

A: Contact us at our contact page with the essential information of the disc: Region, country.

Q: How long does it take to support the new UHD discs?

A: New UHD discs will be supported weekly, keep your eyes for the UHD support list.
    The good thing is that if this program really works, we can be sure that UHD can be decrypted.

And other companies like redfox ( AnyDVD HD ) or MakeyMKV's team can do it also, if they get some interest on it.

At the moment it's a promising project that is going to go the way of the dodo very quickly (does anyone really suppose the MPAA are going to sit idle and let this software flood the planet without a fight?). I give it a month before we hear of the Russian anti-piracy brigade goosestepping their way right through the vendors front door.
    That's true. If other companies could do similar programs it will be nice to all comunity.

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 2nd Oct 2017 at 23:27.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    If other companies could do similar programs it will be nice to all comunity.
    What's the chances of them sharing the code, do you think? LOL
    Quote Quote  
  4. sharing the code, do you think?
    Not sharing, probably. It's a business thing. One commercial company will not help the other "competitor".

But, if some company could create tools that can handle the job, maybe others skilled teams from others companies could find their own ways to do the same.

Well, as such format is not widespread yet for several reasons ( if ever in future), current companies like redfox (AnyDVD HD ) or MakeyMKV's team prefer to focus only in dvd and "common" blu-rays, for example. Or maybe they get some interest on UHD blu-rays. Who knows?

---> https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/deuhd-tool-can-rip-uhd-blu-ray-discs.73671/

---> https://club.myce.com/t/initial-experiences-with-deuhd/399259

The russian company tell they could decrypt some movies. If this is really true, they will be able to do it with more disc titles, just like MakeyMKV or AnyDVD HD can do it with dvd/ blu-rays? Or handle with protections updates? Even surviving against anti-piracy policy or other pressures.

Let's see what happens now.
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 3rd Oct 2017 at 22:59.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello, dear all.

It seems:
    13 more disks addded!
    Arusoft has released a new update for DeUHD bumping the version to 1.0.0.2. ESET is now blocking the deuhd.ru website when attempting to download the update claiming it is malicious. It didn't care the other day. I downloaded the update anyway and scanning the update shows nothing. Looks like more politics under the guise of protecting end-users.

VirusTotal results: clean
    Link: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/9d...125345b49d9d3722c0751500c7ee6c405a0/detection

Does anyone have tested the program to confirm if the program works properly or not?

PS: redfox forum users are testing the program too. Some of them do not believe that aacs-2 was cracked yet, but despite of that, the company found a way to copy the movies. Who know that in recent future they improve this methods to get a proper way to back up such disc, just like anydvd does nowadays to "normal" blu-rays?

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am surprised that a decryption program was released so soon. That being said, I prefer to play movies using the original media, so unless that changes, I'll probably never buy deUHD. I just hope that deUHD's existence doesn't eventually cause legal playback to be restricted to hardware players.

The testing done so far by Club MyCE members indicates deUHD works on supported drives and movie releases, but doesn't necessarily work on all releases of the same movie. For example, the software might decrypt the UK release of a movie, but not the US release. I have read some posts at one or two websites speculating that the reason is that Arusoft has discovered a way to obtain AACS 2.0 keys from individual UHD Blu-ray releases. The keys allow deUHD to decrypt a particular release of a movie, but if another release uses different keys, then it cannot be decrypted. Maybe this doesn't qualify as a true crack, but possibly it is as close as anyone will get to cracking AACS 2.0 encryption.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Changelog for latest version,

1.0.0.2 10/09/2017

Support to try 3 discs in trial version.
    Support some new discs, check the details from http://deuhd.ru/4k_uhd_info.html
    Decrypt all the m2ts files 8~10 minutes in the trial version, means that you can watch the movie with the navigation menu.
    Improved the rip speed in trial version.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi, dear all.

US Titles Support List (Updated: 10/20/2017)

---> https://club.myce.com/t/us-titles-support-list-updated-10-20-2017/399337

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All things eventually get broken, but just like Cinavia, there are no "REAL" bypasses. All these solutions are half baked solutions that take forever to get content for and for the most part degrade the content in some way. Perhaps AACS 2.0 will be different!?

Right now, at around $350 AUD, this company obviously is in it for a quick buck. If they are not going to produce real solutions, lets hope they don't last long.

It's even becoming difficult to impossible to legally play legally obtained content with all the new protections.. Yes SGX I am looking at you
    10940x with Creator X299 Motherboard, 32GB DRR4-3733, RTX 3080 Ti GPU
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi, dear all.

How the program works to rip UHD blu-rays discs?

Maybe ( or not ) some "tips" below can explain how deuhd works:

Damn. Disc support seems to get better day by day.
    So, do you think that the different "groups" and people behind the DeUHD have method to decrypt all the UHD disc released so far or is this still limited to "small" amount of disc suffering from some unspecified AACS2 flaw. To me it seems that every disc can be decrypted but extracting those disc specific keys is very arduous and slow task. I think we are getting to the point when AACS LA will act and revoke/change some compromised keys. Or is it already too late? Revoking and changing keys won't help?
    Think they are using brute force methods (perhaps a massive cloud compute net) & or someone has a HDMI splitter to strip the DRM then they look at the difference & that is the data DEUHD downloads. Another method could be spoof the hardware with clever device driver level software emulation on a Windows PC & PowerDVD17. I just cannot see AACS LA carry on releasing UHD discs if the DRM gets cracked either they will just stop until its fixed or altered. One way they can do this is put the key on the actual disc in a place you cannot copy like the gaps between layers where the barcode resides near the spindle. That's how they used to protect certain physical media in the past make it readable but uncopyable.

However DEUHD works they are not likely to publish the exploit to let AACS LA close it so they will probably have already bought the program & are trying to reverse engineer. At the end of the day the discs only cost £24.99 each or 2 for £30 right now vs TB's of HD space so the discs are cheaper overall than any backup solution!
    They most likely using the kaby lake freq generator to force out the master security key to spy inside the enclave to get the keys.
    Kaby lake cpus have this flaw......
    This is how they did it ......

Using Intel's SGX to Attack Itself
    Researchers have demonstrated using Intel's Software Guard Extensions to hide malware and steal cryptographic keys from inside SGX's protected enclave:

Malware Guard Extension: Using SGX to Conceal Cache Attacks

Abstract:In modern computer systems, user processes are isolated from each other by the operating system and the hardware. Additionally, in a cloud scenario it is crucial that the hypervisor isolates tenants from other tenants that are co-located on the same physical machine. However, the hypervisor does not protect tenants against the cloud provider and thus the supplied operating system and hardware. Intel SGX provides a mechanism that addresses this scenario. It aims at protecting user-level software from attacks from other processes, the operating system, and even physical attackers.

In this paper, we demonstrate fine-grained software-based side-channel attacks from a malicious SGX enclave targeting co-located enclaves. Our attack is the first malware running on real SGX hardware, abusing SGX protection features to conceal itself. Furthermore, we demonstrate our attack both in a native environment and across multiple Docker containers. We perform a Prime+Probe cache side-channel attack on a co-located SGX enclave running an up-to-date RSA implementation that uses a constant-time multiplication primitive. The attack works although in SGX enclaves there are no timers, no large pages, no physical addresses, and no shared memory. In a semi-synchronous attack, we extract 96% of an RSA private key from a single trace. We extract the full RSA private key in an automated attack from 11 traces within 5 minutes.

Quote:
    Boffins show Intel's SGX can leak crypto keys
    Software Guard Extensions are supposed to hide data. But the 'Prime+Probe attack' fixes that

By Richard Chirgwin

Posted in Security, 7th March 2017 05:58 GMT

A researcher who in January helped highlight possible flaws in Intel's Software Guard Extensions' input-output protection is back, this time with malware running inside a protected SGX enclave.

Instead of protecting the system, Samuel Weiser and four collaborators of Austria's Graz University of Technologywrite that the proof-of-concept uses SGX to conceal the malware – and that within five minutes, he can grab RSA keys from SGX enclaves running on the same system.

It's the kind of thing SGX is explicitly designed to prevent. SGX is an isolation mechanism that's supposed to keep both code and data from prying eyes, even if a privileged user is malicious.

Weiser and his team created a side-channel attack they call “Prime+Probe”, and say it works in a native Intel environment, or across Docker containers.

The PoC is specifically designed to recover RSA keys in someone else's enclave in a complex three-step process: first, discovering the location of the victim's cache sets; second, watch the cache sets when the victim triggers an RSA signature computation; and finally, extracting the key.

As the paper puts it:

We developed the most accurate timing measurement technique currently known for Intel CPUs, perfectly tailored to the hardware. We combined DRAM and cache side channels, to build a novel approach that recovers physical address bits without assumptions on the page size. We attack the RSA implementation of mbedTLS that is used for instance in OpenVPN. The attack succeeds despite protection against sidechannel attacks using a constant-time multiplication primitive. We extract 96 % of a 4096-bit RSA private key from a single Prime+Probe trace and achieve full key recovery from only 11 traces within 5 minutes.
    The attack even works across different Docker containers, because the Docker engine calls to the same SGX driver for both containers.

Timing: A cryptography side-channel attack needs a high resolution timer, something forbidden in SGX. Weiser and his collaborators combed Intel's specs, and settled on the inc and addinstructions, because these have “a latency of 1 cycle and a throughput of 0.25 cycles/instruction when executed with a register as an operand”.

To emulate the forbidden timer, the researchers used these x86 instructions:

mov &counter , %rcx
    1: inc %rax
    mov %rax , (%rex)
    jmp lb

”Eviction set" generation: This step is designed to discover virtual addresses “that map to the same cache set”: we scan memory sequentially for an address pair in physical proximity that causes a row conflict. As SGX enclave memory is allocated in a contiguous way we can perform this scan on virtual addresses.”

With those two steps completed, Weiseret al worked out how to monitor vulnerable cache sets, looking for the characteristic signature of RSA key calculation.

This part of the attack has to happen offline – that is, separately to the cache monitoring that collects the data – because you end up with lots of data that has lots of noise in it (from timing errors, context switching, non-RSA-key activity in the victim's enclave, and CPU timing changes due to power management, and so on).

Key recovery comes in three steps. First, traces are preprocessed. Second, a partial key is extracted from each trace. Third, the partial keys are merged to recover the private key.
    On an SGX-capable Lenovo ThinkPad T460s running Ubuntu 16.10, they found:

With 340 trials, their malware was able to find a vulnerable cache set from the 2048 cache sets available;
    Capturing a trace from the vulnerable cache set took 72 seconds, on average;
    A single cache trace provided access to 96 per cent of a 4096-bit RSA key, and with 11 traces, the full RSA key is available.

The researchers say their attack can be blocked, but the fix will have to come from Intel, because modifications to operating systems risk weakening the SGX model. ®
    I hope that other methods can be used successfully to rip such discs , in case Intel ( or other companies ) strikes back and try to block deuhd to work properly.

Thanks.

Source: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/deuhd-tool-can-rip-uhd-blu-ray-discs.73671/page-26

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 26th Oct 2017 at 12:11.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi, dear all.

In other forum, it seems someone post some keys to decrypt UHD blu-rays. And some user could test it using MakeMKV.

Is this a list of keys?
    where did you get that?
    A member posted it on the DeUHD thread on AVSForum, and I figured a list of keys might prove valuable to some at redfox.
    I am using the keys now. My Ghostbusters rips which has yet to be supported by DeUHD. I have about 15 titles that I haven't ripped that these keys may give me access to.

How are you using the keys? adding them to a deuhd database file on your computer or?

They work with MakeMKV

Yes, strangely there isn't a significant amount of overlap. Many of the leaked keys are ones not currently supported by DeUHD. I suspect they will be next week though.

It is hard to say just how isolated (or not) this is. While I bought a lifetime license for DeUHD, I am certainly not beholden to it. It still offers many discs that no alternative exists yet. That said, if someone comes along with a more general ripper similar to AnyDVD then I will gladly jump on board. I really don't care who provides me with the opportunity to rip my discs to my NAS.

For those interested, I have integrated the leaked keys support into my DeUHD support spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12d1400Sr4mIjYvMGhd3QnoiS2-0OIA8TQEWKJKWBiS8/edit?usp=sharing

If you need additional context of what is happening in the sheet, check here: https://club.myce.com/t/titles-support-list/399337

I can confirm that using the volume keys available at here, MakeMKV is able to directly decrypt the data on UHD discs, without the assistance of any other software. I'm using the LG WH16NS40 SVC 50 drive.

but this only works with "UHD Friendly" drives, not UHD certified drives - at least as we're reporting on myce.com

but still cool.

wonder how these keys are being "discovered"
    Source (c):

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/deuhd-tool-can-rip-uhd-blu-ray-discs.73671/page-33

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/deuhd-tool-can-rip-uhd-blu-ray-discs.73671/page-34

https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16765

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 11th Dec 2017 at 18:23.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm glad to see someone developing a software for UHD movies, screw the rich companies they're making enough money and I personally believe 4K UHD is going to be the future, They are already doing 8K.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    [...]if you don't have just the right equipment you're going to be very disappointed. Particular drives required, specific titles only can be decrypted, no promise of when keys for all titles will be available. Lot of money for hot air, if you ask me. At the moment it's a promising project that is going to go the way of the dodo very quickly (does anyone really suppose the MPAA are going to sit idle and let this software flood the planet without a fight?). I give it a month before we hear of the Russian anti-piracy brigade goosestepping their way right through the vendors front door.
    Eeexxxactly. As Hans Gruber said in 'Die Hard': "when you steal $5, they don't do much...when you steal $600 million, they WILL defeat you."

Hollywood is losing BILLIONS of dollars to filesharing. They will never stop. Sooner or later, not only will the audio and video streams of a media file be infected, but software media players will be defeated too. That's why I've downloaded the latest source code for the open sources players so that when they're finally defeated I can build my own cinavia-detector-free media players for my media server.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hollywood is losing BILLIONS of dollars to filesharing.
    This assumption has been proven to be total BS long time ago.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And....the proof...?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And the proof for the industry assumption?
    For starters ask yourself how much of the content you're sharing you would buy if it wasn't available anywhere else but in the store only.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hollywood has been calculating these "losses" for a while, and are pretty thorough. BUT they are in the business of maximizing their profits, and there is no official crosscheck, so they can and do put out whatever figures they feel like.
    Plus, they are counting as if each extra copy is a (potential) lost revenue (or possibly more than one), which others have already postulated that it doesn't really translate that way.
    Plus, and this is a big one, they do not do any calculations of possible growth in their revenue (or possibility that their revenue has already been boosted) by popularity & word of mouth advertizing built by those doing the copying/downloading, or by those who get a low-bitrate version, or screener, and decide they want a legit copy.
    So, the verdict isn't out on the impact of pirating.
    But it also doesn't matter what is actually occurring, because in modern society, Hollywood's perception/interpretation is all that is going to matter legally. If they feel they aren't getting their extra gold, doesn't matter if it's true or not, they'll still send out the goon squads.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very well put. Nothing to add.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by GrampaD View Post
    Hollywood is losing BILLIONS of dollars to filesharing. They will never stop. Sooner or later, not only will the audio and video streams of a media file be infected, but software media players will be defeated too. That's why I've downloaded the latest source code for the open sources players so that when they're finally defeated I can build my own cinavia-detector-free media players for my media server.
    If Hollywood are losing money to anything, it's probably to DRM. You seem to be offering a perfect example of how those who download video illegally are able to play that content without any restrictions while those who buy Bluray discs are constantly being inconvenienced.

(PDF) Illegal File Sharing & The Film Industry
    Illegal File Sharing & The Film
    Industry
    Daren Zhang
    Faculty Advisor: Professor Brian D. Wright
    University of California, Berkeley
    Department of Economics
    December, 2015

Conclusion and Summary
    This paper explores the effect of illegal file-sharing activity on movie box office revenues worldwide. To provide a holistic view, this paper includes data not only on domestic revenues in the U.S. but also every country in the world that played one of the top grossing movies listed in the dataset. The approach is to use measures such as software piracy rates, number of BitTorrent trackers, intellectual protection index and file-sharing client download rates as a proxy for illegal file-sharing activity. There were two separate datasets and studies conducted for this paper. The first is a panel data of 111 countries over a span of 5 years which offers only software piracy rates as a variable of interest. The second dataset is a much more detailed cross-sectional dataset within a single year and includes all four variables of interest as well as a number of control variables.

With the exception for control variables such as life expectancy and unemployment rate, a consistent finding is that illegal file-sharing activity tends to be higher in developing and low-income countries than in developed and high-income countries. Estimates of the panel study show that on the surface level it may seem that illegal file-sharing activity has a significant and negative effect on movie revenues, but when country and movie fixed effects are included, that effect completely goes away and is no longer significant. Estimates of the cross-sectional study confirm this notion by showing all four variables of interest are not significant and have no effect on box office revenues. Furthermore, although the variables are insignificant, the coefficients completely changed as we added in control variables and illegal file-sharing activity seems to have a mild positive effect on box office revenues. Variables such as the Gini coefficient, GDP, life expectancy, average years of schooling, and unemployment, on the other hand, are very significant and have a huge impact on box office revenues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    And the proof for the industry assumption?
    For starters ask yourself how much of the content you're sharing you would buy if it wasn't available anywhere else but in the store only.
    As a matter of fact, ive spent tens of thousands of dollars on copyrighted content since 1972 - and i have the worksheet entries to prove it.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by GrampaD View Post
    As a matter of fact, ive spent tens of thousands of dollars on copyrighted content since 1972 - and i have the worksheet entries to prove it.
    Sorry to say it but unless you have all the original sales receipts to go with them, those worksheets don't mean much to anyone but you.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Revenue has been lost to piracy, just not as much as the entertainment industry estimates.

Also, people who download a movie to watch it even once might otherwise rent it or go to the cinema. Lost income from rentals and ticket sales caused by piracy has rarely been considered in discussions here, only media sales.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have (2) streaming subscriptions, Amazon and Neflix
    i rent from redbox
    and i still buy 'retail' dvd/br disc

the 'industry' claims every third world cam copy sold on the street is a 'big retail box set $ loss'

if they are lossing so much money, why are stars getting millions, and execs getting millions, and studios still in buisness

oh they are missing a few dollars from a few tickets or dvd sales, but nothing like they claim

they are as greedy as 'drug lords'
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Getting back on topic... Attempts are already being made to close one of the loopholes that makes UHD ripping possible. New firmware has been released for the "friendly" LG drive models which prevents these drives from reading UHD Blu-ray discs, and apparently prevents the older firmware from being re-installed. The new firmware is also being installed in newly manufactured drives at the factory.

https://www.myce.com/news/lg-blu-ray-burner-firmware-update-closes-aacs-2-0-loophole-c...ngraded-83322/
    Quote Quote