VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've written an article introducing how the XML works and is structured for VCDImager. Most of the tags used are explained so it would be a good guide for anyone interested in using VCDImager 0.7.x to author their VCDs.

You can read this article here: http://www.geocities.com/medinotes/vcd/general_xml_structure.html

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks goes to hvr for pointing out and fixing an annoying HTML error (the HTML converter in MS Word97 is completely retarded).

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you! You have no idea how much that will help me, and many others out.

I think that page should be hosted here on vcdhelp, or at least referenced to from the tools section.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hey Vitualis,

Not trying to critique you or anything but I didn't want there to be any discrepency in you guid ebecause it's excellent. Take a Look:

<entry>
    This allows for the definition of "entrypoints".

"id" is the name of the entrypoints (in the above example, the names of the three entrypoints are "chapter1", "chapter2" and "chapter3&quot.

The numerical value gives the starting point of the entrypoint in seconds from the beginning of that sequence-item (i.e., MPEG track). That is:

chapter1: starts at the beginning of track2.mpg

chapter2: starts at 30s of track2.mpg

chapter3: starts at 60s of track3.mpg

....wasn't your third entry point withing the same track2. Check it out and post a reply yes/no please. Thanx excellent job!
    Quote Quote  
  5. "Yes".

Good eyes

I'll fix it.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  6. no prob
    r@yjr13 ¦-< what you lookin at¿ :o

¡Now selling audioly and visually challenged coasters, frisbees, and vanity mirrors!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Fixed.

BTW, I personally don't know how all the tags work either (especially the stuff under <info> ). If you know how something works (functionally -- not just a vague guess) and I've got a "?" in the document, send me an e-mail and I'll amend it.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  8. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    (the HTML converter in MS Word97 is completely retarded).
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

i think that's how it was designed, to encourage people to buy another program made for web stuff in addition to office...

two words: Star Office

anyway, a side question- am i correct in assuming creating a still menu w/audio is a function of actually muxing the still with the audio, or can that be done via XML? because it seems in VCDtoolkit that even if i make 10 different menus from 2 stills and 2 audio tracks there amount of space used seems to imply that the audio was only added once.

the other catch is that i'm trying to do this with SVCD. i'm working out a way to try and test to see if my player is even capable of using such a stream, then making up a TMPG template & procedure to create it.

also, does anyone know if the sequence headers are placed at each GOP by ATI MPEG-2 captures, or an easy way to check or add them? i know there's an MPEG sequence maker, but isn't that only for MPEG-1? my pioneer 343 seems to lose sync after about 20 minutes and i have a feeling this is a contributor to the problem...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patrickm on 2001-07-23 22:49:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patrickm on 2001-07-23 22:53:18 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  

9. btw, creating a still menu w/ audio is not actually muxing it into a program stream, but since still images are supposed to stay displayed until replaced, you can play first the image item, and then the audio stream, that way you see the still image, while hearing the separate audio item
    (an example of it is on the demovcd...)
    Quote Quote