VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I know about the -high- priced 3D encoders, but has anyone figured a workaround? I have so many 3D movies in the old "interlaced 3D" dvd format.
    MKV: Merely Krappy Video.

Subbers, a request from an avid viewer: Either don't use mkv, or supply avi or mp4 as an alternative.

For those frustrated with converting MKV: http://www.immortalmusic.net/mkv/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Vegas Pro 11? (I don't consider that high-priced, but maybe you do).

Personally, if you already have "Interlaced 3d" versions, I'd open up AVISynth and do a Field separate (with NO resize) to 2 streams & then a framedoubling and then composite them back together as a Top/Bottom format.
    This is watchable on most modern 3DTVs.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Vegas Pro 11? (I don't consider that high-priced, but maybe you do).

Personally, if you already have "Interlaced 3d" versions, I'd open up AVISynth and do a Field separate (with NO resize) to 2 streams & then a framedoubling and then composite them back together as a Top/Bottom format.
    This is watchable on most modern 3DTVs.

Scott
    Vegas Pro 11 is $599. The other versions are like Movie Edit Pro 11 by Magix at best.

Maybe some details on how to do this? Avisynth for me is like a driver for other programs. Is there a program for this?
    MKV: Merely Krappy Video.

Subbers, a request from an avid viewer: Either don't use mkv, or supply avi or mp4 as an alternative.

For those frustrated with converting MKV: http://www.immortalmusic.net/mkv/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm on my new tablet (yeah!) right now so can't give you the thread link, but it is called, "how to convert frame sequential to side by side".
    Even though the title sounds otherwise, there's a field sequential to sbs conversion script for avisynth in there.

Scott
    Quote Quote