+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Bouchedag View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I have gotten Windows 7 64 bit to install, and boot... But it hangs at starting windows.
    Went back in and booted into safe mode, and it freezes at line \windows\system 32\drivers\classpnp sys

Anyone have any ideas?
    No drivers for your motherboard. Try this: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/384921-Windows-7-Image-Updater-SkyLake-KabyLake-Co...n-Threadripper
    I used the tool to make the iso, and then used the included rufus to make the usb. Windows sees both drives, installs, reboots updates registry... then reboots again and gets stuck at that line.
    Oops. Sorry, I didn't notice your question was posted in this thread! So you're trying to install from a USB flash drive?
    Correct, this laptop doesn't have a CD drive.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have gotten Windows 7 64 bit to install, and boot... But it hangs at starting windows.
    Went back in and booted into safe mode, and it freezes at line \windows\system 32\drivers\classpnp sys

Anyone have any ideas?
    No drivers for your motherboard. Try this: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/384921-Windows-7-Image-Updater-SkyLake-KabyLake-Co...n-Threadripper
    I used the tool to make the iso, and then used the included rufus to make the usb. Windows sees both drives, installs, reboots updates registry... then reboots again and gets stuck at that line.
    Oops. Sorry, I didn't notice your question was posted in this thread! So you're trying to install from a USB flash drive?
    try resetting your bios settings to factory default settings or enter to BIOS and change the disk mode from AHCI to IDE.
    are you able to boot into windows recovery mode ?? if yes, then try 1. Boot into Windows Recovery Mode

2. Open command prompt

3. Type:

sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=C:\ /OFFWINDIR=C:\Windows
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by october262 View Post

Anyone have any ideas?
    try resetting your bios settings to factory default settings or enter to BIOS and change the disk mode from AHCI to IDE.
    are you able to boot into windows recovery mode ?? if yes, then try 1. Boot into Windows Recovery Mode

2. Open command prompt

3. Type:

If I set bios back to defaults it freezes with a red screen warning about unsigned software.... And I do not have a ide mode listed... Just ACHI or Intel RST. But I will try to get into recovery and run the command and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Open command prompt

3. Type:

I do not have a recovery option.... Just safe mode etc... so Im at a loss now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Open command prompt

3. Type:

unplug anything you have attached to the laptop, mouse, wireless adapter etc
    and then try booting the laptop. if you can start window 7 in safe mode then try running the system file checker (sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=C:\ /OFFWINDIR=C:\Windows)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Most likely your bios is blocking instalation of win7. Probably csm / legacy option is not implemented
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by october262 View Post

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Open command prompt

3. Type:

and then try booting the laptop. if you can start window 7 in safe mode then try running the system file checker (sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=C:\ /OFFWINDIR=C:\Windows)

Nothing is plugged in, and I can't get into command prompt at all.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    Most likely your bios is blocking instalation of win7. Probably csm / legacy option is not implemented
    I have CSM and Legacy both set, but no matter how many clean installs I do, it always ends up freezing on the classpnp.sys
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Bouchedag View Post

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Open command prompt

3. Type:

Nothing is plugged in, and I can't get into command prompt at all.

Scratch that I fixed it... Had to go in and set video etc to legacy, got everything working except for my trackpad
    Quote Quote  
  10. The tool is working like charm on Desktop, with Ryzen/Nvidia. Now where can we donate?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hello,

I recently bought a new PC with the following specs:

Asus Prime H410-A
    Intel® Core™ i7-10700
    Windows 10 Pro x64

I don't like Windows 10 and I've been trying to install Windows 7 from a USB drive.

So far, I've done the following:

Created a Win7 Pro x64 bootable USB 3.0 (from ISO using Rufus).
    Run EZ Installer (1.04.01) to update the USB.
    Booted from the USB.

Result:

I get the "Windows Is Loading Files" screen.
    I get the "Windows Is Starting" screen for a few seconds and then it just freezes and I need to reset.

Someone has referred me to this thread.
    But I can not enable CSM in my BIOS. It's grayed out.
    What else can I try?

Thank you. I'd appreciate your help.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Disable secure boot then csm option should be available
    Quote Quote  
  13. @Atak_Snajpera,

Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.

The title/header of my BIOS is: UEFI BIOS UTILITY.

In the Secure Boot section I have the following:
    "Secure boot state: Setup". It's grayed out.
    OS Type. I can change it from Windows UEFI Mode to Other OS.
    Key Management. I can "Clear secure boot keys".

I've been trying various options but I could not change "Secure boot" nor CSM.

It's so frustrating. I'd appreciate any further help.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Yaron View Post
    @Atak_Snajpera,

Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.

The title/header of my BIOS is: UEFI BIOS UTILITY.

In the Secure Boot section I have the following:
    "Secure boot state: Setup". It's grayed out.
    OS Type. I can change it from Windows UEFI Mode to Other OS.
    Key Management. I can "Clear secure boot keys".

I've been trying various options but I could not change "Secure boot" nor CSM.

It's so frustrating. I'd appreciate any further help.
    try setting a supervisor password - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCxoOyUQqUE
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thank you very much.
    I'll try it later and update here.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Os type set to other os
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thank you both.

The password did not change anything.
    Os type set to Other Os: nothing has changed.

I've read quite a few articles with various suggestions.
    Should I check (and change) the SSD partition type?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Download pdf documentation for your mainboard and find how to enable csm
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'd like to emphasize that I have "Secure boot state: Setup". No Enabled nor Disabled.
    Quote Quote  
  20. > Download pdf documentation for your mainboard and find how to enable csm

I'll try that. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you both.

The password did not change anything.
    Os type set to Other Os: nothing has changed.

I've read quite a few articles with various suggestions.
    Should I check (and change) the SSD partition type?
    when you select the "clear secure boot keys" were you given the option to "install default secure boot keys" ?? - https://www.qualityology.com/tech/disable-asus-motherboards-uefi-secure-boot/
    Quote Quote  
  22. I've read that article.

when you select the "clear secure boot keys" were you given the option to "install default secure boot keys" ??
    Yes, I get the "install default secure boot keys" option.
    But, unlike "After you cleared the Secure Boot Keys, Secure Boot will be automatically disabled." in that article, the Secure Boot state on my BIOS does not change.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Download pdf documentation for your mainboard and find how to enable csm
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1200/PRIME_H410M-A/E16336_PRIME_H410M-A_UM_WEB.pdf

Couldn't find anything helpful there.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Ask tech support then.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Yes, I'll email them. We'll see.

Thank you for your kind help. Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I'll email them. We'll see.

Thank you for your kind help. Much appreciated.
    try updating the bios to the latest version and then try your secure boot options - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cant-enable-compatibility-support-module-on-an...10m-e.3654655/
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hi, the installation worked well in my 3700X and MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
    But there is one issue that concerned to me
    The system took 3GB - 4GB of memory (ram) on idle as same after installation of the iso
    Is that the iso or drivers?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try updating the bios to the latest version and then try your secure boot options - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cant-enable-compatibility-support-module-on-an...10m-e.3654655/
    @october262,

I've updated the BIOS version and I can enable CSM now.
    Thank you so much! I'm truly grateful.

@Atak_Snajpera,

Now that I'm about to use your tool, I'd like to thank you for creating it.
    (More praises and thanks after using it :) ).

Allow me a few questions:

1. My old Win 7 installation DVD is "Enterprise Addition" and the current license is not valid anymore.
    Is https://softlay.net/operating-system/windows-7-professional-full-version-free-download...32-64-bit.html reliable?
    If not, can you please refer me to a reliable site? Multiple Non-English languages?

2. In your screenshot in the first post of this thread, the output is ISO.
    I'm not a pro and I'm not sure I understand it. Is there an option to directly create an installation image? Isn't this what I would finally need to have in the USB?

3. In "20 GiB of free space" I suppose you're NOT referring to the USB. Would a 16 GB USB be enough?

4. Would I have to install any other drivers for my specific motherboard after using your tool?
    My use is quite basic. Is there an option to select which drivers to install?

I do appreciate your work and help.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @october262,

I've updated the BIOS version and I can enable CSM now.
    Thank you so much! I'm truly grateful.

@Atak_Snajpera,

Now that I'm about to use your tool, I'd like to thank you for creating it.
    (More praises and thanks after using it ).

Allow me a few questions:

1. My old Win 7 installation DVD is "Enterprise Addition" and the current license is not valid anymore.
    Is https://softlay.net/operating-system/windows-7-professional-full-version-free-download...32-64-bit.html reliable?
    If not, can you please refer me to a reliable site? Multiple Non-English languages?

2. In your screenshot in the first post of this thread, the output is ISO.
    I'm not a pro and I'm not sure I understand it. Is there an option to directly create an installation image? Isn't this what I would finally need to have in the USB?

3. In "20 GiB of free space" I suppose you're NOT referring to the USB. Would a 16 GB USB be enough?

4. Would I have to install any other drivers for my specific motherboard after using your tool?
    My use is quite basic. Is there an option to select which drivers to install?

I do appreciate your work and help.
    according to post #91 - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/384921-Windows-7-Image-Updater-SkyLake-KabyLake-Co...adripper/page4
    you could try phoning the Microsoft phone number to get the automated service to authenticate the key for your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by semyponco View Post
    Hi, the installation worked well in my 3700X and MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
    But there is one issue that concerned to me
    The system took 3GB - 4GB of memory (ram) on idle as same after installation of the iso
    Is that the iso or drivers?
    That is NORMAL and correct! Remember! Unused memory = wasted memory! OS likes to dynamically cache some data to improve system responsiveness.

from my PC after fresh boot
    Name:  Untitled-1.png
Views: 2201
Size:  38.3 KB

If you run some demanding game or program that cached memory will be immediately freed.
    Quote Quote