VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a copy of "Ski School" a movie from 1990s! The Last scene of this movie has the song "Dressed to kill" by Craig Jones (slipknot). However the main actor says "this is my life, live love it and the song is very faint in the background. what do I use to get the spoken words out and leave the song only? John
    Quote Quote  
  2. Find the film soundtrack CD maybe
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I looked for it. I couldn't find it online. Im at a loss to find it. John.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the audio is multitrack or even stereo at a minimum, then you "might" to be able to extract the song part with a "degree" of isolation using an audio editor like Audacity or Adobe. The odds are about 5% in your favour in getting anything worthwhile for the effort put in to achieve it. Best still is to look for the song on-line.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would multi track editor work?
    I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. It is an obscure song.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe you need to think about this a different way...

Depending on the mix, it might be more worth it to just get a copy of the song and overwrite the last section with it altogether.
    Don't recommend that, but you do what you gotta do.

If, OTOH, what you are trying to get is the unadulterated song, what has already been suggested is by far the way to go.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My fear is that the soundtrack was never released to the general public. They only may be is to put it into a multi track editor. But that my not work neither!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you tried watching the credits for the movie? it possibly will have some details that might be useful
    Quote Quote