VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to author a DVD with 2 different audio tracks. I've dragged the audio tracks to the movie menu (both the same length) in DVD Lab Pro and gave them a category (English plus something else).

When I compile the DVD, it only sees one audio track, the first one.

I only wish to be able to toggle between the two audio tracks with the audio button on the DVD remote. I don't want anything fancy like an audio/subtitle menu.

How do I do this? What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure the movie is shown in the main work area (looks like a film strip of thumbnails). Under than should be two audio tracks and a subtitle track. Drag audio one to the first audio track, then drag audio two to the second audio track. You should see a description of each audio track format in the track themselves.

If you just drag the audio to the movie you will simply be replacing one audio track with anaother, not getting two tracks.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I definitely have the movie in the correct area and do have 2 audio tracks under it (Audio 1 and Audio 2). When I compile the DVD and play it back, only one audio track is selectable during playback.

I'm just wondering what else I maybe missing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post a screen shot a copy of the compile report ?

You should also check the PUO (Prohibited User Operations) tomake sure you haven't blocked the audio button from use - consult your manual on this
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. When I've had two audio tracks I've created an extra menu which allowed me to choose which one I heard. Why do you have two tracks? General audio and commentary?

Bill
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The first thing i thought was what guns1inger said, the PUO.
    I originally went over to DVD-lab PRO for the option of 2+ audio tracks.

Although having an audio menu to choose from is nice, i always make them, you don't have to have one to be able to switch between the audio tracks with the remote, unless the PUO was changed by mistake.

The last 3 dvd's i have authored in DVD-lab PRO have had 3 audio tracks and i've never had this problem
    Quote Quote  
  7. Can you post a screen shot a copy of the compile report ?

You should also check the PUO (Prohibited User Operations) tomake sure you haven't blocked the audio button from use - consult your manual on this
    I'm at work, so it'll be a bit before I can get anything like that. I'll check the PUO when I get home though. I'm on the 30 day trial, so I want to get everything done as quickly as possible I like it a lot so far, so may consider buying it.

When I've had two audio tracks I've created an extra menu which allowed me to choose which one I heard. Why do you have two tracks? General audio and commentary?
    I was reading the guides with the menu with audio/subtitles and all that, and I just want to keep it simple. Just a simple toggle on the remote during play is enough for me.

The two tracks are for my home video. One for regular audio, and the other is just music. Home videos can be quite boring, so the option of having a soundtrack makes it more watchable.

The first thing i thought was what guns1inger said, the PUO.
    I originally went over to DVD-lab PRO for the option of 2+ audio tracks.
    Thanks all. I'll definitely look into the PUO thing.
    Quote Quote  
  8. guns1inger - my compile result: (Verified my UOP's have no restrictions)

Damn, I don't have a place to put the image. Basically, it just says "Done!".

I have the following pre-compile options checked:

Create/Use Frame-Index for better Chapters accuracy
    NTSC Safe Color
    Reduce Jitter

And no other options checked. I have an "audio 1" and an "audio 2". No compile problems, I just can't use the 2nd audio stream when I play the video.

I can email you the screenshot if you want....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have put two sound tracks on the clip you should, I believe, see three audio tracks showing in the window - audio 1 (first audio track), audio 2 (second audio track) audio three (empty, waiting for the next track if there is one)

When you look at the movie window, in each audio track you should see a description of the centent (e.g. AC3 224kbps) - do you see something in each audio track ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. When you look at the movie window, in each audio track you should see a description of the centent (e.g. AC3 224kbps) - do you see something in each audio track ?
    I see 3 audio tracks, 2 are occupied by mine (it adds an audio track everytime I place one there). It lists them each as English (Dolby2/0) (or whatever, Chinese, etc.). At the end is the name of the ac3 file.

On bottom (as far as bitrate is concerned), it lists 7505kbps + 384kbps + 384kbps = 8273kbps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They definately are there then. If you compile to the HDD, then playback with a sofrware player (PowerDVD, for example) can you access both tracks ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. They definately are there then. If you compile to the HDD, then playback with a sofrware player (PowerDVD, for example) can you access both tracks ?
    No. I don't get compile errors or warnings. I do playback with powerdvd, and it only sees one audio track (right click, select audio). I even burned it to dvd and put it in my player, just one audio track. Which is what lead me to post here about it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Serene Savage Shadowmistress's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What happens when you remove the working track and compile with just the non-working track? If you played it in Powerdvd do you hear anything?

Try that and if it works, check that the non-working track is in fact dual channel. It may be set to either left only or right only speaker. If that were the case it would not play in stereo mode but it would still let you toggle between your working audio and another blank audio in both powerdvd and your dvd player, you would just not hear anything on the second track.

If your dvd player isn't letting you toggle at all (try a working 2 audio disk just to make sure your dvd player menu settings haven't been messed with) and powerdvd see's no audio at all, I'd say to try re-encoding that audio.

Also try setting dvdlab restrictions back to standard. If you've relaxed them and there is something wrong somewhere, dvdlab won't give you the proper error message.
    Quote Quote  
  14. What happens when you remove the working track and compile with just the non-working track? If you played it in Powerdvd do you hear anything?
    Audio works fine if its track 1 audio. When I compiled the disc with dvdlab pro, powerdvd only sees 1 selectable audio track. Its like it was never there. But it clearly is right before compile.

If your dvd player isn't letting you toggle at all (try a working 2 audio disk just to make sure your dvd player menu settings haven't been messed with) and powerdvd see's no audio at all, I'd say to try re-encoding that audio.
    The audio is basically tracks taken from my cd's with Exact Audio Copy. Then I use belight/becool to encode it to ac3 at 48000khz 2 channel audio. Its basically one long music track.

I'm completely out of ideas at this point on why it doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Download ac3fix or ac3fixgui to scan the file you created with belight, just to check it for compliance
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same problem with only one audio track compiling instead of all three.
    I solved this by removing all audio tracks and adding them again.
    It seems that DVDLAB forgets in some point that video has miltiple audio tracks and you have to remind him like that

Tomi Meglenov - http://www.normstudio.si
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    I have this same problem with my DVD.

I try to make DVD with menu for two audio tracks for the same (the one and only) movie.
    When I compile the DVD, everything works fine when playing in PC but not in DVD player.

I tried some VM commands too but I'm not sure if they are correct.
    Maybe it's PRE and POST commands I need to set and reset the audio tracks (?)

Should I set the audio tracks from the audio menu by
    Link -> Set Audio -> Audio Stream 1 (+ Go to first menu)
    Link -> Set Audio -> Audio Stream 2 (+ Go to first menu)

or by

Link -> Set GPRM and Link....

Set GPRM

GPRM1=0

(for the first link)

GPRM1=1

(for the second link)

Quote Quote  
  18. I'd try previous menu, not first menu, just to be sure
    Link -> Set Audio -> Audio Stream 1 (+ Go to prev menu)
    Quote Quote