VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did Fujifilm discontinue their 4.7GB DVD-Rs? My local CVS doesn't carry them anymore, and they're not listed on bestbuy.com either. I've been using Fujifilm DVDs & CDs for years with zero problems, I hope they're not gone.
    do u teevee?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    About the only way to get reliable media any more is to buy it online from stores like Supermediastore and Rima. Fuji was excellent, but they haven't been that way for years now. They long ago did what almost everyone else has done and switched to the lower cost and lower quality manufacturers.
    Taiyo Yuden is still reliable. We had a recent thread that discussed how Verbatim is now selling a lower quality disc made by CMC in stores like Best Buy, but if you are careful and know what you are doing, you can get high quality Verbatim media. Verbatim's DataLifePlus series is made by MCC, who is the best manufacturer, but you have to buy those online.

Fuji may have gotten out of the disc media business in North America. The margins are pretty low and US consumers demand lower prices, which leads to lower quality media. It's a depressing and seemingly endless cycle here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Best Buy has those MCC's at the store. Granted their either made in UAE or Taiwan or singapore etc etc...but i havent had issues with any of em. Those Value Line series they sell, your better off just going to Best Buy and buying the Memorex's when they go on sale. Both have some of the same CMC codes(or TDK's at Office Depot or Radio Shack). Those datalifelplus models are all 8x for regular discs and 16x only for printable stuff(which i don't do). 1nce a month Best Buy has verbs on sale. grab a couple of 50 pax there, you'll be good to go

It's s shame those Fuji's are gone. I went thru a couple thousand of those yuden 8x...great discs
    Quote Quote