VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to render a 45 min long file in Vegas as a blu-ray compatible file (m2v) and it keeps stopping at ca 85 %. The resulting file is ca 7 GB. Is there a limit to how large a file it can render?
    Kal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have your GPU acceleration enabled? I actually had to turn mine off because the render kept locking up. Once it was set to off rendered like a champ. Don't know why as I have a pretty decent GPU (GeForce GTX-1080 Ti).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    there's a difference in vegas between gpu acceleration of timeline display and gpu rendering. vegas gpu rendering has always sucked.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by clashradio View Post
    Do you have your GPU acceleration enabled? I actually had to turn mine off because the render kept locking up. Once it was set to off rendered like a champ. Don't know why as I have a pretty decent GPU (GeForce GTX-1080 Ti).
    Thanks for the idea. I switched it off and it worked . Just like you I have the GeForce GTX-1080 Ti.
    Kal
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    there's a difference in vegas between gpu acceleration of timeline display and gpu rendering. vegas gpu rendering has always sucked.
    Ok now I'm confused; in Options-Preferences-Video tab-"GPU acceleration of video processing" you can either have Off or enabled (which will display your make/model of GPU as long as Vegas recognizes it). Since I have a decent GPU, and Vegas recognizes it, shouldn't I have it set to On? But when it's On my render freezes. If Vegas' GPU render sucks, why does it crash when I have "GPU acceleration of video processing" set to my GTX 1080Ti?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Probably because at the time of Vegas Pro 11 was released your GPU didn't exist.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote