VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear Sir,
    I use VideoSubFinder and have the problem when I try to create a Cleared TXTImage. The second sentence in subtitle will be missed if the space/blank between the first and the second sentences is too big. Please see these two pictures!
    Could you please tell me how to adjust the setting in order to sove this problem! Thank you so much!
    [Attachment 67448 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 67449 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Dunno what happens with it, but if you know how to use Avisynth then you can try subs extraction with InpaintDelogo.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your help! I prefer to use VideoSubFinder, and wait for the answer to solve this problem!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Could you try widening the area where it's detecting the subs? Especially a bit lower? Or even tightening up the detection area? I messed around with VideoSubfinder a year or two ago and found it very hit-or-miss. It's a long agonizing process because the results are pretty poor. Which means more input from you checking every line of text. I eventually abandoned it as it was just too time-consuming. I ended up using adobe premiere and transcribed the subtitles using the speech-to-text tool. Yes, you still get some errors with this tool but the success rate is far higher than VideoSubfinder., it's all automatic and takes far less time. Supported languages - English, English (UK), Simplified Mandarin, Traditional Mandarin, Traditional Cantonese, Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Portuguese (EU), Korean, Italian, and Russian.

Hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Jawz22 View Post
    I messed around with VideoSubfinder a year or two ago and found it very hit-or-miss. It's a long agonizing process because the results are pretty poor. Which means more input from you checking every line of text.
    But speech to text is so unreliable that you need to check every line too. Maybe you tested VideoSubfinder on very poor subtitles? I find it pretty good, except that it produces too many false subs to sift through, and some occasional quirks like disappearing subs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. each to their own, but speech-to-text software has really progressed in the last few years, you may be surprised by how accurate adobes is. I find very few errors. I watch the episode/movie and if I spot errors then take a note and edit them. I don't go through the subs file reading each line
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, it did not solve my problem. I would like to further specify my problem. This subtitle omission issue only happened when the blank/space between two phrases was too large. More specifically, this issue happened when the sub-title was transferred from RGB image to TXT image. When this issue happened, the software would automatically select the first phrase as the sub-title if both phrases were in the same length. Furthermore, the software will select the longer phrase as the subtitle if these two phrases had different lengths.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to fix this issue.
    [Attachment 67470 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 67471 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 67472 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 67473 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Jack1986 View Post
    Unfortunately, it did not solve my problem.
    If you want tangible help then you need to share a tangible video sample of the problem instead of screenshots.

Originally Posted by Jawz22 View Post
    each to their own, but speech-to-text software has really progressed in the last few years, you may be surprised by how accurate adobes is. I find very few errors. I watch the episode/movie and if I spot errors then take a note and edit them. I don't go through the subs file reading each line
    It was a crap few years ago, it's a half less crap now.
    I guess you don't know how to do subs OCR and how accurate it is.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Dear Sir:
    Attachment is the sample! Thank you!
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/303879/Sample.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  10. Dear Sir,
    I Got it! Thank you so much!!!
    Quote Quote