VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Does anyone know if i can record from antenna or analog cable tv (ntsc) with the integrated tuner?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Where are you going to find an NTSC analog OTA signal to record? Most stations broadcast only digital now. Most cable systems are digital only now too.

Do you have access to an old VHS deck? See if it's tuner can find anything. Probably not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's highly doubtful it can still record discs or finalize discs. Most of those are dead and gone by now.
    If this is an Ebay or Marketplace purchase.....you have been warned.
    Many of the older Philips recorders could record both NTSC and PAL to a brand new blank disc VIA analog inputs....not the tuner.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Where are you going to find an NTSC analog OTA signal to record? Most stations broadcast only digital now. Most cable systems are digital only now too.

Do you have access to an old VHS deck? See if it's tuner can find anything. Probably not.
    My cable provider still has an analog cable service. Also where i live, almost all stations still broadcast in analog and digital.

And if i had a vcr i wouldn't be stressing out about the dvd recorder. I would just use the vcr.
    Last edited by Fedex; 3rd Jun 2022 at 06:21.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    It's highly doubtful it can still record discs or finalize discs. Most of those are dead and gone by now.
    Many of the older Philips recorders could record both NTSC and PAL to a brand new blank disc VIA analog inputs....not the tuner.
    On the manual. It says that the tuner is pal/ntsc but on recording system, it says pal and secam
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fedex View Post
    On the manual. It says that the tuner is pal/ntsc but on recording system, it says pal and secam
    Do you have a multi-system TV? If not and your DVD recorder's recording system really is PAL and SECAM with no option for NTSC then you may have trouble watching your recordings on TVs made for N. America, especially if your DVD recorder has no HDMI out. Regular TVs made for N. America are not designed to display PAL video delivered via their analog connections.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Do you have a multi-system TV? If not and your DVD recorder's recording system really is PAL and SECAM with no option for NTSC then you may have trouble watching your recordings on TVs made for N. America, especially if your DVD recorder has no HDMI out. Regular TVs made for N. America are not designed to display PAL video delivered via their analog connections.

What do you mean by N? All tv's here since the late 70s support pal and ntsc. Also i live in Argentina, by the way, where we use PAL for analog tv using antenna and NTSC for analog cable tv.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM

What do you mean by N? All tv's here since the late 70s support pal and ntsc. Also i live in Argentina, by the way, where we use PAL for analog tv using antenna and NTSC for analog cable tv.
    It helps to know the country when a question involves a TV broadcast system. That is one reason why location is included in VideoHelp's registration details although many do not disclose that information. Without a location, other members must guess to answer some questions or endure being asked "Why do you need to know that?".

Most TVs in Canada, Mexico, and the USA (also known as N. America) only support NTSC video via their analog connections. TVs that support PAL as well are called "multi-system TVs".
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 3rd Jun 2022 at 17:49. Reason: spelling
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM

It helps to know the country when a question involves a TV broadcast system. That is one reason why location is included in VideoHelp's registration details although many do not disclose that information. Without a location, other members must guess to answer some questions or endure being asked "Why do you need to know that?".

Most TVs in Canada, Mexico, and the USA (also known as N. America) only support NTSC video via their analog connections. TVs that support PAL as well are called "multi-system TVs".
    Oh. I'll fill the information when i get home. I live in Argentina (we use PAL-N and NTSC M at the same time). Yes. My TV IS a multi-system TV.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    You can
    Quote Quote