VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I already had one recommendation from a forum member 1 year ago but I switched from Chrome and Firefox and seems I've lost this bookmark.

Open to any recommendations, I don't need it right now but I know they're really hard to find so might as well start looking for them on eBay.

Also if anyone has rack VHS recommendations I'm open but as far as I know it's better to make a custom one later.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Rack mount pizza box size TBC's are for professional formats, They don't work well with consumer formats like VHS, Some half rack mount and smaller devices from Snell & Wilcox, Grass Valley and Ensemble Designs handle VHS better than the big brothers. Also rack mount VHS VCRs are for SP speed only, you will need a consumer VCR to handle slow speed tapes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Some half rack mount and smaller devices from Snell & Wilcox, Grass Valley and Ensemble Designs handle VHS better than the big brothers.
    This is exactly what I had in my bookmarks, they were half rack and they can be mounted with an half-rack mounting kit.

What are the models to look after? Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Any half rack Snell & Wilcox starts with TBS, Grass Valley starts with CVR (former Snell & Wilcox), Ensemble Designs BrigheEye 75, this is just the ones I'm aware of, Avoid any Black Magic analog to SDI converter, SDI to USB interfaces from Black Magic are the best for connecting your device to the computer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it depends on if your targeting SD only or old school traditional HD

you can't mix things much outside those two parameters in one device

most of this stuff is getting hard to find even used

this might help

Last edited by jwillis84; 8th Dec 2022 at 20:57.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    If CVR900 is the equivalent of TBS800 add it to the list of recommendation, I know the TBS800 VHS capture is solid, Actually better than the Pinnacle USB-500 and since it has line TBC it makes it slightly better than the BE75, I posted samples here two years ago and last year when I added the TBS800.
    Quote Quote