VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm getting this message when I try to play my DvDs on my computer.
    I never had this error before with any DvDs before. I just recently changed my Motherboard & CPU(everything else is the same). After I did the switch I can no longer play DvDs, I even did a full reinstall of Windows XP Pro.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? I'm thinking my DvD drive is shot because I tried everything software wise I Could think of.

BTW I have a ATI Radeon 7500 and I'm useing the ATI DvD Player, howeever I still get that error when I try other players. And yes my region code is set to 1 like it should be and yes all my DvDs are Region 1.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had a similar problem some time back that had to do with the S-video output on my card. This happened after reinstalling XP, as well as my software DVD player.

Unfortunately, I can't remember many of the specifics, but basically macrovision protection "thought" I was trying to output the video signal thru the S-video port, which made it refse to play the DVD.

I had to change a few settings on my nvidia card to keep it from acting as though the s-video was enabled. Again, I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but try poking around the 7500's settings and see what you come up with re: s-video disabling.

If I get a clue anytime soon maybe I'll remember more of the specifics...
    Quote Quote  
  3. So what you're saying is it's impossible to hook my PC up to my TV and watch DvDs? This is not what I'm trying to do right now however. I want to watch them on my Monitor(it's too much a pain to carry my PC downstairs and hook it up to the only TV in the house with S-Video/Composite)
    Quote Quote  
  4. That was kinda part of my point -- sorry if it wasn't clear:

I didn't actually have anything hooked up to the s-video. I was trying to watch movies on my monitor, just like you are. For some reason, a setting for my nvidia card made the dvd software I was using at the time (it was a nvidia dvd player, currently I use PowerDVD) think that I was trying to send the signal out the s-video port, even though I wasn't.

Again, I kinda solved the problem in a hit-or-miss fashion, so I don't recall all the details... Ultimately, though, based on some web searching and poking around, I pinpointed it to a conflict w/ the s-video. This may not be your problem, but it wouldn't be a bad place to start.
    Quote Quote