VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How does one combine selected files from multiple DVD to a single DVD? What tools are needed?

Thanks,

WW
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Selected files?

From several dvds (vob,ifo,bup files):
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=284279

If you just have vob files you can just try add them in a dvd authoring directly like guifordvdauthor, tmpgenc dvd author.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I change the vob ext to mpeg

and then open the file in 'movie factory 5' IF i need to edit it.. then i can export the edited mpeg OR add morefiles and let MF5 author the DVD

MF5 will author it , with menus and every thing, processing is still NOT as fast as convertX, but it does a nice job with buttons and such for the menus, you can use clips in the opening and animated menus if you want them

you can goto Uleads website joinup its free and download a free fully functional trial, it's NOT crippled..

most of the time, i just use convertX to create the dvd vts folder , then burn with a burn program
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is bad practice to simply rename VOBs to mpgs. VOBS may contain multiple audio and video tracks, subtitles and other subpictures as well as navigation data. Sometimes you can get away with it, but it should not be recommended as good practice. Use VOB2MPG instead, or use software that can import VOBs and make sense of the extra content. Renaming VOBs to .mpg doesn't give you mpeg files, it just gives you renamed VOBs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guns1inger ... bang on the nail once more ...

One need's to know these difference's before hand in order to avoid issue's .

Vobedit or pgcdemux to strip stream's from them first to seperate folder's .
    Besweet to convert audio if required .
    Mediainfo will help discover the bitrate's and other value's , so you can get them to match using other tool's .
    A simple avisynth script and quenc for re-encodeing of the video to matched value's .
    Dvdauthogui too put it all together , add a menu .
    Pgcedit to edit nav commands for better flow .
    Play back on pc , before burning with imgburn to media .

Should do it ...
    Quote Quote