VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought an HTPC and am attempting to move my Bluray collection to digital. I am following this guide.

The problem is that when I select the correct playlist file as found in BDInfo (shows 30+gb and the correct runtime), tsMuxeR will go to work.. But will stop at a random point. One movie might be 12%, another might be 50%. As in txMuxeR's progress bar will be at 12% complete, and it will have ripped 12% of the file.. But it will mark as complete. No errors are reported and every time I restart the demuxing process it will stop at that exact part and say the job is complete. Other movies rip perfectly fine.

I thought it might just be tsmuxer.. So I load the Bluray into another more automated Bluray Ripping program with a similar issue. Before I even get to ripping, it will report the movie's size as the same amount that tsMuxer ripped. As in if a movie is 30gb as reported by BDInfo and tsMuxeR rips only 10% of it before stopping early, the other Bluray ripping app will report 3gb of rippable content available.

Why are these programs only ripping 10%-50% of the movie when the entire thing is available in the playlist file as shown by BDInfo?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know the reason for the problem, but if you're using the version of tsmuxer the guide links to, that's a likely cause. Try the latest version. It'd be worth checking BDInfo and MKVToolNix are the current versions (the link for MKVToolNix in the guide is not).

Are you using AnyDVD HD to do the decrypting as the guide suggests? I don't use the same method as described in your guide, but something quite similar. If it's not due to using an old version of TSMuxer, give AnyDVD HD and the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor a shot. For the latter you'll need to download eac3to and put the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor in the same folder as eac3to. For converting the audio to AAC when extracting (optional) you'll need to put neroAacEnc.exe in the same location too. So far, if AnyDVD HD has been able to decrypt a disc (and it should tell you it needs to be updated if it can't), I've always been able to rip it with the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor.

ClownBD is another alternative. I think it uses TSMuxer for the work. It also requires AnyDVD HD.

There's MakeMKV. I think it does it's own decrypting.

Failing that, I think AnyDVDHD can rip a Bluray disc, although I think it can only rip the whole disc, not just specific streams etc.

What was the other program you tried?
    Last edited by hello_hello; 26th Dec 2014 at 23:57.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah, either HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor or Clown_BD should work. They both use eac3to. Have either AnyDVDHD or DVDFabPasskey running in the background.

I've seen lossless audio (DTS-MA) trip up tsMuxer, and switched to Clown_BD instead for extracting main movie.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!