VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VideoRedo is paid for editing software, that is perhaps about to go away.

The principal author of the program has passed away.

The lead support person who helped develop and maintain it has found another job, and though he provided heroic efforts to keep its activation servers online. Does not own the intellectual property, nor have the business kills or resources to continue licensing software needed to keep it going.

The Support forums for this software (have been backed up offline).

I personally know of at least two full copies.

Though existing license holders may be able to continue to use the software, re-activation; such as when moving to a different PC or reinstalling to the same PC. May not be possible if or when the activation servers go offline.

The activation servers were offline following the authors passing, but were brought back online in late August 2022 early September 2022.

It is not known what the current intellectual property holders will do with VideoRedo.

But it seems certain at some point both the activation servers and / or the Support forum, will go offline again; perhaps permanently.

Before that happens.

I would like to suggest, or convey a message to current license holders of any new startup Forum (or forums?) to discuss VideoRedo.

Please leave any comments or suggestions.

Or enlighten me.. to any currently existing or new VideoRedo discussion sites or threads on Third Party sites not hosted on the VideoRedo homesite.

Thank you.
    Last edited by jwillis84; 6th Oct 2022 at 07:07.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello just before starting to talk about Videoredo I want to say rip in memory to DanR.
    Videoredo and a great software that I have been using now for more than 15 years, seeing it disappear can make me sick
    I also remember the death I believe of one of the creators of DVBViewer the software has continued to live
    Quote Quote  
  3. Videoredo is the best software to cut videos of any format.
    I hope he continues to live. Thank you.
    Quote Quote