VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm thinking about buying one so I have some questions and ask for advice.

Firstly, is the recorded video in standalone mode easily editable? As in, will it direct stream copy from programs like VideoReDo and whatnot? I know I ran into major problems trying to cut and remux some HD PVR Rocket captures because it didn't seem to recognize the codec.

Also, does it record well enough? As far as bitrate and h264 profile? I don't want to bother if it's, like, 3.1 baseline.

Those are the main issues I had with the PVR Rocket and if this is better, I'll definitely go with it. If it's more of the same, PVR Rocket is fine with me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Yarotska,

- Videoredo works like a charm with ALG files. Its a same used in C985.
    - Its a 1080p@30, 60Mbps, 4.1 profile device.
    - Superior in all over PVR Pocket.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Hi Yarotska,

- Videoredo works like a charm with ALG files. Its a same used in C985.
    - Its a 1080p@30, 60Mbps, 4.1 profile device.
    - Superior in all over PVR Pocket.
    Thanks so much! I'm queuing my purchase immediately.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Does the LGP lite record with the same 4.1 profile as the LGP? Thanks!

For the OP, the C985 usually does not get good reviews on encoding quality.
    The GameCapture HD II won't connect to a computer, but will probably have superior recording profiles like High L4.1

According to this review, the elgato hd box might support baseline, medium and high profiles
    http://www.ezvid.com/elgato-game-hd-review

With the newest Elgato box, you can't tell the difference in picture quality between the raw capture and the elgate when you look at the samples (the video is in the review):
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-elgato-game-capture-hd60-review
    Last edited by ezcapper; 12th Oct 2014 at 22:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ezcapper View Post
    Does the LGP lite record with the same 4.1 profile as the LGP? Thanks!

For the OP, the C985 usually does not get good reviews on encoding quality.
    The GameCapture HD II won't connect to a computer, but will probably have superior recording profiles like High L4.1

According to this review, the elgato hd box might support baseline, medium and high profiles
    http://www.ezvid.com/elgato-game-hd-review

With the newest Elgato box, you can't tell the difference in picture quality between the raw capture and the elgate when you look at the samples (the video is in the review):
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-elgato-game-capture-hd60-review
    C985 can record in lossless mode overcoming any other "new capture card, included Elgato60". Its same quality get in C027/727.

GCHD2 can get max file1080i/p@30, 20Mbps Lv4.1.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks Cauptain. Sorry to bother you again, but can you upload a 2 or 3 second black screen so we can analyze the file and see if it is recorded in high profile. I wonder if it is baseline L4.1, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. One more question.

Does it work with MicroSD adapters or does it have to be a full size SD card to work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ezcapper View Post
    Thanks Cauptain. Sorry to bother you again, but can you upload a 2 or 3 second black screen so we can analyze the file and see if it is recorded in high profile. I wonder if it is baseline L4.1, thanks!
    No problem mate. Get here: 720p@60_6seconds_File

C985 record my desktop son.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks! You're right, it's definitely High L4.1, sounds like a great device
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Yarotska View Post
    I'm thinking about buying one so I have some questions and ask for advice.

Firstly, is the recorded video in standalone mode easily editable? As in, will it direct stream copy from programs like VideoReDo and whatnot? I know I ran into major problems trying to cut and remux some HD PVR Rocket captures because it didn't seem to recognize the codec.

Also, does it record well enough? As far as bitrate and h264 profile? I don't want to bother if it's, like, 3.1 baseline.

Those are the main issues I had with the PVR Rocket and if this is better, I'll definitely go with it. If it's more of the same, PVR Rocket is fine with me.
    I had both devices. If you ever going to use PC free mode. Be warned captures tend to skip about 3 to 6 frames every 15 minutes. When it creates the new ts file. System uses fat 32 instead of ntfs unlike the rocket. You will have to join all files together.

If your going attach the device to a PC you will be fine. I personally prefer the rocket over LPG.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!