VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    Do you really need to change your Curves, Saturation and Contrast levels? Do you understand that if you change that you change all your color and level values.
    Can you reset them to default?
    Obviously, I'm not satisfied with the original color and quality of the video which is why I use Sony Vegas to change the video's properties. Isn't that the whole point of using a video editor to begin with? Also, if I just render the video without adding any fx and changes, it would still come out saturated and off-colored anyways. In other words, the rendered video will still look different from what I see in the Preview Window.
    Quote Quote  
  2. First of all we are trying to figure it out what is wrong with your settings, over the internet, that is causing a color shift from what you see in the preview and what you get in the output. It could be anything, your GPU, your video player, we don't know. In Premiere and Davinci we can select what the preview will display, I never use Vegas in my life, I never work with PAL, you don't know what PAL is all about, we don't know the sources you are using, you didn't use the videos we provided to see how much off your color and levels are.

You know that not even paid support works on Sunday.

Sorry I can't help you any further, I hope someone else could help you out with your issues.
    Good night.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    First of all we are trying to figure it out what is wrong with your settings, over the internet, that is causing a color shift from what you see in the preview and what you get in the output. It could be anything, your GPU, your video player, we don't know. In Premiere and Davinci we can select what the preview will display, I never use Vegas in my life, I never work with PAL, you don't know what PAL is all about, we don't know the sources you are using, you didn't use the videos we provided to see how much off your color and levels are.

You know that not even paid support works on Sunday.

Sorry I can't help you any further, I hope someone else could help you out with your issues.
    Good night.
    Don't sweat it. I appreciate all the help you've given me so far and now at least I have those links you gave me so I can broaden my knowledge about this stuff. Hopefully, soon I'll be able to resolve my problem . It's only a matter of time. Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hey, guess what! I finally found the solution to my long-enduring problem! Turns out I was right all along. It was the settings in Potplayer that were responsible for the massive frame drops that I was experiencing when I switched video renderers. I was tinkering and experimenting so much with the settings in Potplayer that I wasn't aware this lead to all sorts of problems with my video playback. So I restored the default settings by uninstalling and then reinstalling Potplayer. I then went to preference and switched the Video Renderer from "Auto (Recommended)" to "Video Renderer". And now I have the video quality that I always wanted and the video plays smoothly with no frame drops whatsoever!
    Quote Quote