VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys, I want to know, is there a way of reauthoring a DVD, which has more than 1 angle. Now, I have such DVD which is in french. I only want to replace the audio track with an english one. If you're wondering, the second angle is basically some small windows and pics, which appear during the movie, along with a commentary from the creators (if you choose it from the special features). Is there a way to do such task?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I can't figure out what you're asking. If you're asking if you can replace the audio track at the same time keeping the angles, then you'd best not attempt it.

If you're willing to strip out all but one angle then, yes, it can be done. You can even do it and keep the menus, although it'll be easier if you either don't keep menus at all, or create your own menus.

Perhaps the easiest way, after decrypting the DVD to the hard drive, is to use PGCDemux to first extract the audio, video, subs, and chapters for the angle you want. Then you reauthor using Muxman, adding in the video, new audio, subs, and chapters. No menu that way but it should be easy enough.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry, if I wasn't clear enough
    Here's how it is: it's a "Walking with Dinosaurs" DVD (1999 Series). It has a special feature - if you choose it, the episodes play along with some extra commentary, accompanied by pictures. This is obviously the so called second angle. The only problem is, that the entire DVD is in french. I only want to replace the french language track with an english one (if possible, add subtitles). Everything else (DVD structure, and especially the two angles) must remain the same.
    Quote Quote  
  4. fuggedaboudit
    Quote Quote