VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need the creation time of two videos, filmed with a Huawei, sent to an Iphone and then copied to my Windows computer.
    These are prooves that I got assaulted and crutial for my legal case. (the man tries to manipulate the timeline)
    The only information that I can find is when it was "created" on the computer, two days later.
    PLEASE HELP!
    Quote Quote  
  2. exif data would probably not be admissible as evidence in most courts because, as you know, these can be altered.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But surely if the video still exists on the original device it will have a date just like anything else.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rule #1 of evidence video, chain of custody. Anything you do to the video will either be highly questioned or disallowed as evidence. If it's critical enough to t your case, either your lawyer or law enforcement will be able get the original video through legal means. If the original is lost or destroyed, that may be used as evidence of guilt. Nothing you can say or do will have any merit.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The court usually asks for the device that contains the evidence and they do the extraction themselves, Once extracted it looses its power, They might still accept it in court but the timestamp will not be taken into account, That is if they allowed the video at all, some jurisdictions require the other party's permission to have the video as evidence unless they fully agreed to be video taped before the incident happened, You should consult a lawyer before you proceed.
    Quote Quote