VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Solved yes. If the disks will play. Did he/she actually say that was possible in vlc ? And no. I am not about to read thro endless drivel just to find out. But maybe they will if he/she spends $0 on that s/w. Better hurry tho since it will not be free for much longer.

And if he/she does come back expect another dose of verbal diarrhea.

Just seen the other topic he/she has contributed in. Even more bat-crap in that one. Someone methinks just likes the look of his own words which have little to do with the topic under discussion.
    I think Chatty Charles said early on he could not play the discs with VLC using VLC's Blu-Ray libraries. I believe he had yet to try AnyDVD HD or DVDFab Passkey as on-the-fly decrypters with VLC or PotPlayer when he the subject came up today.

The two biggest motor-mouths I ever knew were men.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got lost in the argument
    but i have (2) questions, maybe somebody can answer

could not ONE of any number of screen grab utilities be used to get a screen capture of the PC

and this.. i have never seen or read of a portable BD player that would connect to either/both a TV and a PC (not at same time)(just usb and hdmi ?)

i do not have a BD player or a BD drive for my laptop, something like this would be truly welcome

or did i misunderstand what the OP keep saying about the portable player
    i could buy a BD player for the TV but that would not help me with the PC
    of course i could get one of those HMDI cloner devices to go with it and record things that way, but thats more expense and a lot of work
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    i got lost in the argument
    but i have (2) questions, maybe somebody can answer

could not ONE of any number of screen grab utilities be used to get a screen capture of the PC
    Probably no screen grab software can capture the window running recent versions of PowerDVD Ultra or other licensed Blu-Ray player software while they are playing a commercial Blu-Ray. Either Protected Media Path DRM or video overlay is preventing it.

Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    and this.. i have never seen or read of a portable BD player that would connect to either/both a TV and a PC (not at same time)(just usb and hdmi ?)

i do not have a BD player or a BD drive for my laptop, something like this would be truly welcome

or did i misunderstand what the OP keep saying about the portable player
    i could buy a BD player for the TV but that would not help me with the PC
    of course i could get one of those HMDI cloner devices to go with it and record things that way, but thats more expense and a lot of work
    There is no such thing as a a portable BD player that would connect to either/both a TV and a PC. The OP in this thread doesn't have a portable Blu-Ray player. He has a USB BD combo drive for a PC, which he mistakenly thought could be connected to a USB port on a DVD recorder for playing Blu-Ray discs, and still thinks could be connected to a smart TV for playing Blu-Ray discs. He refuses to be persuaded otherwise.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Aug 2015 at 01:01. Reason: accuracy
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you for clarifying the BD issue
    Quote Quote