VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been using AutoGK and XviD to create my DVD Back-up's. I have read that some standalone players can't play packed bistreams.

Does AutoGK with XviD create such files? It would be a pisser to reencode and burn these.

For the love of God, use hub/core labels on your Recordable Discs!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All DivX certified standalones can handle packed bitstream since it is part of the HT profile. The problem is or was multiple bvops together with packed bitstream on MTK based players (HT requires 1 b-vop). This was a firmware issue, not chipset though, so most(?) players should be ok now.

With ESS encoding, XviD would force packed bitsteam. For MTK, I used to force it off for > 1 bframes. But now it is upto the user/encoder to set it. Not sure what AutoGK does.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i had been using PocketDivx to create movies for my Medion PMP Divx Player (or MSI 588 pmp
    ). I creates fully compatable DIvx for this player and also i can burn onto disc on play
    it in my CONIA MP610 dvd divx player.

I'd thought i try AUTOGK to see what it was like.

Slow ...and did NOT create a DIVX file compatable with the above players.

try pocketdivx (freeware... and choose the pc profile 512X384 and try it on your player)
    try autogk on the same file and burn it to disc. then see which one plays.

phil
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Errr, unless things have changed, PockedDivX doesn't create DivX files at all. It creates libavcodec MPEG-4 avi's and yes lavc does tend to be quicker than XviD. AutoGK should be able to output avi's that are compatible with anything that is HT certified. That reminds me though. I need to release an updated XviD build that disables N-VOP's when the HT profile is activated because ESS based players don't like them.
    Quote Quote