VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm having trouble with my burner for some reason it only writes dvd+r's and 4x (using verbatim 8x "mcc 003") and cdr's at 16x(using memorex 40x"97m26s66f") I've updated the firmware to 2.16 and I have the newest version of nero. I included the product codes for the discs. It's all running on a amd 2500+ barton with 512 ram. Am I doing something wrong??? Is there no way to get around these speed locks??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Which version of Nero?

One version locked out bitsetting on my 2500, at FW 1.06, but I can't recall which.

Try uninstalling and going back a couple.

I think you can find the previous vers at cdfreaks.com

Post again if you need more. Think I am gonna UG mine to 2510, just for the hell of it.

Cheers,

George

4 days, no response, you must feel like no-one gives a damn, huh? Stick around. Some do.
    Quote Quote  
  3. nero I have installed is 6.6.0.1 I tried some TDK 8x dvd+r's and still the same slow burn I tried burning with easy cd 6 and it would only burn at 2x. I saw that the 1.07 v2 beta5 firmware is the one that people recommend but when I try to flash it it says couldn't locate 2500 drive. Nero says that it's burning at 8x but the time to burn a full dvd is still 30 minutes so I'm not sure what to do..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Check here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=86

The problem is with your firmware, but you have to do a few things before you can change it to the 1.07 v2 beta5. I can't remember them right off hand but I found how to do it there.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote