VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I made a DVD of some old home movies using DVD Lab Pro. It's a little over 6GB, and I tried to shrink it to fit on one disc. I kept getting that nagging "Out Of Memory" error from DVD Shrink, so as I tried changing a few settings and rebuilding the DVD I noticed that DVD Shrink issue happens every time at the same point; where one specific M2V ends and the next begins. I noticed it always crashes when trying to convert VTS_01_3.VOB. I found somewhere online some info that says to run FixVTS on it.

I download FixVTS, I open up the folder with the DVD files, I tell it to fix the whole folder. It gets to VTS_01_3.VOB and an error pops up;
    "Couldn't open VTS_01_3.VOB for read/write."

I open this VOB file in VLC and it plays like a champ.

Is there any more "robust" program that can fix a VOB file? I don't want to convert it to MPG, I already have the original files. I suppose if I HAD to I could re-author it so that one disc has the first M2V and the other has the second one, but I really wanted to get this all on one disc. Anyone got any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried DVD Decrypter? An old programme but you can copy single files from a dvd to your harddisk. Helps me a lot when DVDShrink can't read DVDs.
    Quote Quote