VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ive got a sony trv27e camcorder. i laso have a small video camera like a spy camera, which has a built in transmitter and an external receiver. is there a way i can get the spy cam to send its images into the camcorder and record the spycam to the camcorder tape? can these camcorders accept video inputs or can they only output video?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't you have the manual for the camcorder ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I did a search for your cam and found that it does have analog inputs and pass through too. You can just hook up the receiver to you cam and hit record.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah i do have the manual but i cant see anywhere in the manual that relates to inputing a video source to the camera, only a section on outputting a source to tvs etc. thats why im asking for help!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Likely solution...

* Go into the menu and select A/V In
    * Plug the correct cabling into the camcorder
    * Switch it to 'VTR' mode
    * Press the Record buttons on the control panel

That's how it works on my DCR-TRV120.

NOTE: Be aware that you may have to use a special type of RCA-to-Mini cable, but that should have come with your camcorder. It has RCA Red/White/Yellow male connectors terminating into a Mini-Pin with 3 black rings on it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did a search for your cam and found that it does have analog inputs and pass through too. You can just hook up the receiver to you cam and hit record.
    which site are you looking at? i searched on google for this camcorder and found hardly any sites mentioning it apart from sites that are selling it.
    i tried connecting the receiver of the spycam to the rca connectors on the cam and the viewfinder of the cam didnt show what the spycam was pointing at. im gonna play around with the cam menu a bit more and see what i can find, i didnt see an av setting on it before though.
    thanks for your help any way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.sony-digital-camcorders.com/review-DCR-TRV27.html

Analog recording is not automatically enabled. You must enable it in the menu.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi,
    the link you provided does not have a picture of my camcorder, that is a different one. my camercorder is an 8mm tape sony handycam vision ccd-trv27e video 8 xr. sorry for the confusion, there is nothing on the menu screen about recording analogue input. i spent ages trying all sorts of menu options, reading the manual and fiddling about with it, but i still cant record analogue inputs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The camera that I looked up for you is a DCR-TRV27 because you just said "TRV27". It is a digital MiniDV. Your camera is a CCD-TRV27 which is a analog Hi8. My first cam was a Hi8 and it did not have analog inputs. Only the very high end Hi8 have analog inputs. If you can't find how to enable analog input in your menu then it is safe to say that you don't have it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i am glad that we can lay this matter to rest and say, i cannot record on my camcorder with analogue inputs. thanks for your help, sorry for the missunderstanding.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you will just have to video your TV with the camera
    At least that beats Macrovision.
    Quote Quote